Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Raspberry Resolution using TeamViewer with my 3:2 aspect ratio laptop.

Hello,

I need to access my Raspberry using TeamViewer.

However, my laptop is a 3:2 aspect ratio screen at a resolution of 3240x2160.

This is causing my Pi to have black borders when I access it through TeamViewer

I've been trying to look online for a solution, however, I haven't found one that works.

Is there any possibility that you can make your RPi output at a 3:2 resolution (like, say, 1080x720 or 1620x1080)?

PC Setup:

Desktop setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 V1 8GB | Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM: 2x8GB Patriot DDR4 at 2400MHz | Storage: 256GB Inland Professional NVMe SSD, 120GB Inland Professional SATA SSD and 2TB WD Blue 2.5" 5400rpm HDD | Case: Cooler Master N400 | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | PSU: EVGA G3 550 | Headphones: Sony MDR-7506 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K65 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero | Capture cards: StarTech PEXHDCAP2 (for HDMI and 480p analog captures) and AVerMedia C027 (for interlaced captures) | Monitor: Dell 3008WFP

Local dickhead, PlayStation 2 enthusiast and VHS collector.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 98% (content loudness 0.1dB)

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

So are you trying to natively use your RPI at that resolution? I dont think TW can increase the resolution beyond what RPI is outputting. I know for a fact that RDP can do that but I am not sure if you can use RDP.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Is there any possibility that you can make your RPi output at a 3:2 resolution (like, say, 1080x720 or 1620x1080)?

No it does not give me the option. In the options, the only ones availlable are 4:3 and 16:9

1 minute ago, Levent said:

So are you trying to natively use your RPI at that resolution? I dont think TW can increase the resolution beyond what RPI is outputting. I know for a fact that RDP can do that but I am not sure if you can use RDP.

If havin such a high resolution is not possible I would at least like to have the same aspect ratio so that it fills my whole screen.