EVGA 1300W G+ VS EVGA 1600W G2

Virtualnate
26 minutes ago, Virtualnate said:

I don't know much about PSUs but here's Oklahomawolf's scoring at Johnnyguru.com

PRIME Ultra 850 Titanium – Scoring
Performance 9.5
Functionality 9.5
Value 10
Build Quality 10
Total Score 9.7

http://www.jonnyguru.com/wp-reviews/recommended.gif

SUMMARY

I have now become so used to having these amazing performing Seasonics around that I have come to expect this performance from all of their products. But it cannot be stressed enough how sweet it is to feel that way about them. To date, every single PRIME unit has performed magnificently. Where does Seasonic even go from here? Better regulation? Don’t need it. Better ripple control? Don’t need it. Shallower housing? Eh, maybe. But that’s about all I can think of.

The GOOD:

• mythic voltage regulation
  • better than excellent ripple handling
  • super high 20% load level efficiency
  • tons of accessories
  • 12-year warranty

The BAD:

• nothing

The MEDIOCRE:

• double ribbons on the CPU cables

I'm not implying the unit is perfect, I just don't know much, so I simply take a leap of faith based on oklahomawolf's review, unless he's biased, which I don't think...

I would worry more about how the PSU works... NOW....

Once you get the 3080 hook it up and see.

You will know pretty quickly if there are problems or not once you start using it.

That will be the real test.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

3 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

I would worry more about how the PSU works... NOW....

Once you get the 3080 hook it up and see.

You will know pretty quickly if there are problems or not once you start using it.

That will be the real test.

Thanks! I wish there was stock at hand 😔 thanks for all the info!!