yet another wraith prism rgb problem... but couldn't solve it

nazodayi

mobo: Asus TUF B550M-PLUS

cpu: Ryzen 3700x

so i looked every possible thread i could find about this.

tried it with the usb controller with different ports, tried it with both the cables or only usb etc.

tried the wraith prism software(which never gets past "plug in your cm device")

aura controls the fan lights just fine with rgb cable

if i attach the usb cable fan never lights up and no control on it, nothing recognizes.

when i first put together the machine both the amd logo and the ring was lighting up i don't care how it lights up or don't have a need to control it. i just want it to light up just like a few days ago. From the first day only the 4-pin rgb header was plugged in.

I tried different bios versions and also all the settings in the bios related to these subjects.

sorry if my text is a little bit complex, i hope i explained myself well

Usb cable? You are only supposed to have one or the other plugged in for rgb control normally

Just now, jaslion said:

Usb cable? You are only supposed to have one or the other plugged in for rgb control normally

Yes, as i read on multiple sources, USB Cable (the other sourced cable than the 4 pin rgb cable) is needed for the Cooler Master Software to work and to control the amd logo and ring lights. I also tried to other way and every possible way. It just wouldn't work.

I don't want to control those lights tho. All i want is that they light up. They were lighting up the first days of the build(with only the rgb header)

I don't know if a setting affects those lights but i really would love them back and out of ideas.

1 minute ago, nazodayi said:

Yes, as i read on multiple sources, USB Cable (the other sourced cable than the 4 pin rgb cable) is needed for the Cooler Master Software to work and to control the amd logo and ring lights. I also tried to other way and every possible way. It just wouldn't work.

I don't want to control those lights tho. All i want is that they light up. They were lighting up the first days of the build(with only the rgb header)

And is the rgb header now preventing it from doing so? All the lights will turn on with the rgb cable as you do not need the usb cable for that to work. You said that it works fine with aura software?

I know from experience that it's not needed to work. But now it doesn't work so i tried that also. That's for "controlling" it with the Cooler Master/AMD Software. So i gave it a shot because somehow in the process i lost the light while only using the RGB Header

Aura finely controls the fan and the mobo lights. The problem is with the outer ring lights and the amd logo light. They are not controllable with Aura Software but all i want is for them to light up even without controlling them. They were working like that in the first week of the build as i mentioned earlier.

so the weirdest of things happened to me, i don't what happened. I just working in the morning, been using the pc for a few hours. Now the pc decided out of sudden to just recognize the usb connection. Now everything works like it's supposed to. This is very interesting

Might be a loose connection, then?

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 11/30/2020 at 12:19 PM, Sarra said:

Might be a loose connection, then?

that’s my strongest guess rn too, interesting that no matter how i gently manipulate connections nothing happens, i’ll also try with a real usb adapter thingy

Most likely a conflict with other RGB software that is installed.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

On 12/3/2020 at 12:18 AM, Slayerking92 said:

Most likely a conflict with other RGB software that is installed.

No luck with that also, nearly fresh install and removed any potential software that could conflict