Is every Samsung B Die the same?

redcan0
Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,
44 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

How can I get a nice kit? Is there a trick for it?

Or is it all luck.

The cheapest, good Samsung B-die will probably be 3200 CL14, though you may find 4000-4400 CL18-19 for a similar price.

24 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

I can get Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB that has Micron Rev E Die for very cheap should I go with that?

I really want a good B Die though its so fun experimenting with

Do you have any thoughts on the ram link I gave?

Rev-E is good if you're not going for the tightest timings. It clocks really high, while not being as heavy on the memory controller. Rev-B is pretty similar in that regard too.

18 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

Then should I just stick with Micron E Die? I have a friend who achieved 3600 MHz CL14-24-24-42 at 1.5V with the Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB ram he has a Ryzen 5 3600.

Wow, those timings are roough, lol

1 minute ago, redcan0 said:

I will have to go with Micron then. B Die is too expensive for my situation. 

I currently have a Samsung C Die kit (Adata D60G) which is awful and I am trying to replace it. And I also have a Hynix CJR on my other rig which is actually pretty good but not as good as E Die.

B-Die

Rev. E

DJR 

CJR

is the general rule of thumb (in my book) for OC capability on a general basis.

Look for 3200mhz B-die kits. They will OC to 3600mhz in most cases 2x8gb configuration.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

B-Die

Rev. E

DJR 

CJR

is the general rule of thumb (in my book) for OC capability on a general basis.

Look for 3200mhz B-die kits. They will OC to 3600mhz in most cases 2x8gb configuration.

Thanks a lot. You and everyone in this thread really helped me out.

And further more, you can use this link to find B-Die part numbers. This may expand your choices a bit better.

Tighter the timings the better the quality. 

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

Just now, redcan0 said:

Thanks a lot. You and everyone in this thread really helped me out.

These guys are great. They really make up this forum and put good truthful information at the laps of many people. 

Opinions, well sometimes mixed, but all in the right direction I think. 

Always a pleasure to help :D

This comment probably could make the thread solver.

Said it right in the first sentence 

"find a good 3200mhz CL14 kit"

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

And further more, you can use this link to find B-Die part numbers. This may expand your choices a bit better.

Tighter the timings the better the quality. 

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

Initially I though every B Die on this list was the same. So I was trying to get the ram with the worst latency with XMP so that it comes out cheap. Because since I am not going to use the ram with XMP I though it wouldn't matter. I just learned that every B Die is not the same. 

Just now, redcan0 said:

Initially I though every B Die on this list was the same. So I was trying to get the ram with the worst latency with XMP so that it comes out cheap. Because since I am not going to use the ram with XMP I though it wouldn't matter. I just learned that every B Die is not the same. 

Right. The 16-18-18 B-Die is not really that great of a bin. Cheap yes. A pain to work with on Ryzen IMC yes. A pain on Intel IMC, no not really.

It's not all on the memory choice.

The memory controller and the Motherboard really plays a big role with overclocking and tweaking.

The kit of memory is 1/3 the story actually.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Right. The 16-18-18 B-Die is not really that great of a bin. Cheap yes. A pain to work with on Ryzen IMC yes. A pain on Intel IMC, no not really.

It's not all on the memory choice.

The memory controller and the Motherboard really plays a big role with overclocking and tweaking.

The kit of memory is 1/3 the story actually.

I have a MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WIFI motherboard which is a good motherboard. I didn't know this mattered. Will I have more luck with this motherboard?

Tbh, I couldn't really overclock my Samsung C Die it went from 3200 CL16-18-18-38 to 3666 CL18-22-22-42

2 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

I have a MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WIFI motherboard which is a good motherboard. I didn't know this mattered. Will I have more luck with this motherboard?

It's a mid ranged board, should handle the memory frequency you're after. Yes indeed.

I was referring to that 4600mhz speeds you inquired about. Probably an Asus Crosshair or Apex, something along those lines. 

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I was referring to that 4600mhz speeds you inquired about. Probably an Asus Crosshair or Apex, something along those lines. 

And the speed increase wouldn't be worth it due to the FCLK desync. Good timings at 3800 and 1:1 FCLK will beat 4600 any day.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms