ryzen 5600x stock cooler question

Hi guys , so I'm here speaking on behalf of my brother whom recently bought his first pc parts for his own computer:

ryzen 5600x, 2x8 gb 3200mhz xpg spectrix white, gigabyte aorus b550m elite , ssd a400 kingston 960gb, xpg pylon 750w 80+ bronze psu, case xpg invader white , and I gave him my rx 570 4gb for the time being

now the question goes for the stock cooler: if hes gonna just game and stream (he's kind of a streamer) will the cpu stock cooler be more than enough ? I don't want him to worry about the temps so I'm wondering about this, he doesn't plan to overclock it either.

if there are other ways to lower the temps during iddle and load like modifying something in bios without destroying the cpu or breaking the warranty without changing the stock cooler would be nice too.

The stock cooler that comes with the 5600X is totally adequate for stock speeds. 

If you want to further lower temperatures, you could try undervolting the CPU, increasing fan speeds and improving your case airflow.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Stock cooler is probably more than enough. I've been running the stock cooler on my 3600x with no issues. The only thing he would benefit from with an upgraded cooler is it would be quieter, but the IMO the stock cooler isn't too bad, especially for gaming which generally doesn't get the CPU too hot anyway (GPU fans are generally louder when gaming anyway).

i made the question because ive been reading over reddit how many people seem to complain about the temps on this cpu which made me worried for him, also when you say undervolting the cpu, is there a safe option to use? or something else to disable  , i  honestly have no idea how to do this so im asking instead of messing up something for him.

29 minutes ago, squallypo said:

i made the question because ive been reading over reddit how many people seem to complain about the temps on this cpu which made me worried for him, also when you say undervolting the cpu, is there a safe option to use? or something else to disable  , i  honestly have no idea how to do this so im asking instead of messing up something for him.

From what I have seen, only the 5800x has bad thermals, the 5600x should be well within acceptable levels. Undervolting the CPU is definitely an option, but honestly for now I would leave everything stock, and if he is not happy with the noise levels that is something you could explore in the future.

34 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

From what I have seen, only the 5800x has bad thermals, the 5600x should be well within acceptable levels. Undervolting the CPU is definitely an option, but honestly for now I would leave everything stock, and if he is not happy with the noise levels that is something you could explore in the future.

i will let him know about that, and yeah i already also suggested him the hyper black 212, but i guess for now hes gonna test it with stock, if not we will undervolt it, is there any video or guide on how to do this without breaking it? lol

20 minutes ago, squallypo said:

i will let him know about that, and yeah i already also suggested him the hyper black 212, but i guess for now hes gonna test it with stock, if not we will undervolt it, is there any video or guide on how to do this without breaking it? lol

I have never undervolted myself, so I cannot offer any advice personally. I am fairly sure undervolting is relatively safe if you do ever try it (I don't think you can damage anything by messing up, your PC will just not be stable or won't run and you will have to reset it). 

I do know LTT did a video on an auto undervolter tool made by 1usmus, I've heard some people say it didn't work for them but it could be worth a try. I am sure there are plenty of videos and resources out there if you want to try undervolting in the future, but I am fairly confident you'll be fine with the stock cooler otherwise.