GPU not Outputting Signal (Changed Nothing)

TalleyFPV

Built my PC about a year ago and it has been running smoothly until this weekend. I shut my PC down like normal (Shutdown then shut off power supply), but when I went to turn it back on, it booted like normal until Windows started to load. It got to the point where the Windows logo was showing with a loading icon, then the screen just went black and went into sleep mode saying "no signal".

The motherboard HDMI port still outputs signal. I tried updating the GPU drivers, changing BIOS settings, even reinstalling windows. Nothing has worked. I changed nothing when I shut the computer down, so have no idea why it would suddenly stop working.

Windows is giving me an error code 0x80070002 when I try to update it, but I am pretty sure this has been happening for a while because my last successful windows update was about 2 weeks ago. So I don't think this is causing the issue. I have tried to fix this with no luck. I think there are corrupt files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have spent hours already trying to fix this.

You turn off the psu when shuting off the system?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

6 minutes ago, TalleyFPV said:

Have spent hours already trying to fix this.

Can you see video output in Safe Mode?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

You turn off the psu when shuting off the system?

Yes. Motherboard has a bright LED that lights up my room at night if I don't shut off the PSU. Dont think this is the source of the problem because I have always done this with zero issue.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Can you see video output in Safe Mode?

When I put windows into safe mode, it works for about 5 minutes and then the signal shuts off. The keyboard doesn't work when in safe mode, so there was a limit to the settings I could tweak. also, while in safe mode, if I try to open the devices tab in settings, the setting window crashes.

I wouldnt turn off the psu, or just like 10 mins later, bacause if windows is doing somthing even if the fans are already off you can cut off the last things its doing

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

1 minute ago, TalleyFPV said:

When I put windows into safe mode, it works for about 5 minutes and then the signal shuts off. The keyboard doesn't work when in safe mode, so there was a limit to the settings I could tweak. also, while in safe mode, if I try to open the devices tab in settings, the setting window crashes.

Hmmm...start with the basics, test your RAM with MemTest86

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Enzo1001 said:

I wouldnt turn off the psu, or just like 10 mins later, bacause if windows is doing somthing even if the fans are already off you can cut off the last things its doing

Oh, didn't know that. So its possible that I shut off power as windows was attempting to update? Still not sure why it would cause this issue. If windows just failed to update, the PC should still just run on the previous version.

1 minute ago, TalleyFPV said:

Oh, didn't know that. So its possible that I shut off power as windows was attempting to update? Still not sure why it would cause this issue. If windows just failed to update, the PC should still just run on the previous version.

Maybe but i dont think thats the issue here, its just aomething you should watch out in the future

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Hmmm...start with the basics, test your RAM with MemTest86

Ram is fine

22 hours ago, TalleyFPV said:

Ram is fine

Pull your video card, use the built-in one on the mobo, try again to boot