LTT website going down?

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Yeah, someone decided to DDoS us.

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.87460b4ce5ffaeb520994d028fd6f92b.png

It has evolved

lmao it's still going for you. Mine works perfectly fine, no captcha

I wonder why would someone would do this DDoS attack over a petty ban from the forums.  Sounds like this person has no life or doesn't care about the LTT community.  Poor guy needs friends and better hobbies.

"To protect those you love, your hands will come stained with blood....Do you still wish for power?" - Zekart Somun

"I wanted to come strong....Not in order to protect, but in order to destroy" - Calintz

this script kiddie must be real mad

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

3 hours ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

I wonder why would someone would do this DDoS attack over a petty ban from the forums.  Sounds like this person has no life or doesn't care about the LTT community.  Poor guy needs friends and better hobbies.

It's a shopping season, black friday + cyber monday, many people are using this forum as a reference.

It might not be a pure DDoS.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

I am getting a cloudflare error while using the search function in the forums ever since the server got overloaded.

When the server got overloaded i got blocked by cloudflare,i am afraid i got flagged by it or something due to one of my privacy related plugins,

Plugin description:

Stop your browser plugins from being fingerprinted. Protect your privacy by hiding navigator.plugins and navigator.mimeType.

This one can be very problematic with cloud flare,cloud flare probably finger prints user plugins when there is a suspicious activity on the server.

By preventing cloud flare from running the script,the script tries to run again and again in an infinite loop that never ends.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
20 minutes ago, Vishera said:

When the server got overloaded i got blocked by cloudflare,i am afraid i got flagged by it or something due to one of my privacy related plugins,

The obvious solution is to disable the plugin.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

The obvious solution is to disable the plugin.

It's a little bit more tricky than that,

While it's clear that the plugin caused that problem,seems like my IP got flagged since it appears now in other browsers.

But thanks to you i solved it by disabling the plugin,completing the captcha that cloudflare asks me to complete and then enable the plugin again and now everything is working.

So thank you very much :D

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

But thanks to you i solved it by disabling the plugin,completing the captcha that cloudflare asks me to complete and then enable the plugin again and now everything is working.

It sounds like the plugin is preventing the browser from storing 3rd party cookies. My understanding is CloudFlare uses cookies to identify users and "trust" those that have passed captcha, that way you don't need to pass a captcha every time you load the page. If the plugin is blocking those cookies then CloudFlare is unable to identify you as a trusted user and will serve you a captcha (and continuously repeat until it is able to verify you)

You will eventually get the captcha again and will likely face the same problem as long as your plugin is enabled. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 12/1/2020 at 3:19 AM, eeeee1 said:

this script kiddie

What do you mean with script kiddie? These days it is easier then ever.

You can just rent a DDOS. Goto a website which doesn't scam.  Specify type, duration, bandwidth, etc. . Pay. Wait.

31 minutes ago, Spotty said:

My understanding is CloudFlare uses cookies to identify users and "trust" those that have passed captcha, that way you don't need to pass a captcha every time you load the page.

From my experience there is more going on. If you just block cookies it still works. Once you step up by preventing more and more tracking you can no longer pass there captcha which is a gigantic pain. Same goes for Goolge captcha and buster (automatic google captcha solving) doesn't help in these cases either.

So unless you want to spend hours per day on captchas allow tracking.The more tracking you allow the faster to solve and less frequent they get.

On 11/30/2020 at 6:19 PM, eeeee1 said:

this script kiddie must be real mad

doubt whoever did it even set up their own botnet, probably paid for a "hit" or bought a "plan" on one of the many "stressors" or botnets that people run.

It's insane how easy it is for people to get access to a botnet or pay for an attack, it's getting quite out of hand, and something needs to be done about it, the punishment for DDoS attacks are still retardedly small compared to other crimes.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

I am getting a cloudflare error while using the search function in the forums ever since the server got overloaded.

Plugin description:

This one can be very problematic with cloud flare,cloud flare probably finger prints user plugins when there is a suspicious activity on the server.

By preventing cloud flare from running the script,the script tries to run again and again in an infinite loop that never ends.

What error? If it doesn't say something wrong then it's normal.

It is normal for an overloaded server to see those protection enabled, it's what it's meant for.

No cloudflare doesn't track you plugin, it's a breach of your privacy also.

Their job is to pass the dns request from you to the server and then optimize the server content for you.

If the request are more than the server can handle it would kick the ddns protections to limit the incoming traffic so the server won't be completely overrun.

If the server eventually dead, you will be served with a cached version of the site so it will not appear dead.

The DDos Page with capthca ensure you are not a bot. The result then would be stored in your cookie for later use so it won't ask it again.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

30 minutes ago, James Evens said:

What do you mean with script kiddie? These days it is easier then ever.

You can just rent a DDOS. Goto a website which doesn't scam.  Specify type, duration, bandwidth, etc. . Pay. Wait.

30 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

doubt whoever did it even set up their own botnet, probably paid for a "hit" or bought a "plan" on one of the many "stressors" or botnets that people run.

It's insane how easy it is for people to get access to a botnet or pay for an attack, it's getting quite out of hand, and something needs to be done about it, the punishment for DDoS attacks are still retardedly small compared to other crimes.

so paying for a DDOS or using something like LOIC isn't being a script kiddie? ok.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

51 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

so paying for a DDOS or using something like LOIC isn't being a script kiddie? ok.

no, script kiddies use someone else's code, or src, to set up their own botnet. that's why they're called script kiddies, or skids.

paying for a DDoS is just the low of the low, and LOIC would have no chance of hitting off this site.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6