USB devices restarting after 3080 install. PSU issue?

mattsunday

So, I think I've narrowed down this issue to my power supply not delivering enough power to the MOBO, but this is something new for me and I'd really appreciate any help, experience, whatever you guys and gals can throw at me.

The issue is basically that since I've installed my EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, I've had USB devices restart on me constantly when in a game. At first this wasn't an issue consistently, but I've basically figured out that any devices which require much power through USB (my LG GL850-B as a USB hub, my Razer Chroma headset stand USB or something like my VKB Gladiator NXT joystick for example), can't be connected or this happens. Initially, that led me to believe I was just overloading the USB bandwidth in the MOBO and case, but adding the 3080 to my build in Part Picker got me thinking in a different direction.

Build: 

This is the warning I receive on the bottom of my build under "Compatibility Notes": The ASRock B550 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

I don't overclock my GPU and my settings on my 3700X in my BIOS (1.52 freshly updated on the B550 Steel Legend) are set to auto. But, this card is obviously hefty and without another CPU cable available from my PSU (currently have a 8-pin cable plus its split 4-pin connected from one source) am I drawing too much power for the MOBO to keep my USB devices going as they should? Typically everything crashes at once and reboots. And after troubleshooting this a bit tonight, I did notice my frames halved a few times when playing Cold War with everything maxed. These issues didn't exist with my 2070 Super before I stepped it up to the 3080, nor the 970 I threw in until the 3080 arrived.

I should note that I've tried disabling the selective USB disabling in my power settings and I'm using the Ryzen Performance power setting. My 12V reads at a stead 12.250 and my 5V at a 5.040.

I built this over the summer when PSUs were the lowest stock I can remember and I settled on the Cooler Master as being a safe, but not the model I would want, option. If consensus is that it's a power issue, I'm prepped to check out an EVGA SuperNova 850w GA over at NewEgg or, because that shipping is messed up with UPS right now, the NZXT C850 850w over at B&H. I don't know much about NZXT's PSUs, however, and inclined to go with the EVGA even if it's a wait. Both are 80+ Gold with more than enough PCI-E as well as the dual CPU slots I need. Everything I've looked at says I don't need an 850, so I'd normally go with a 750, but this experience has me not wanting to upgrade PSU again in the near future if it is indeed needed.

USB devices connected all the time: Webcam, Blue Yeti, Schiit Modi Uber 3 DAC, Elgato HD60, Razer Goliathus Chroma, Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2, Razer Mamba TE.

Devices I'd like to connect but currently causing too much failing: LG GL850-B Hub cable, Razer Chroma headset stand/hub, VKB Gladiator NXT joystick. 

Truly appreciate anyone who takes the time, offers some troubleshooting tips, etc. Pretty close to just ordering a PSU and returning if it doesn't solve the problem, but I'd love another way out of this mess. 

Giving this another chance to be seen — haven’t had any success with Reddit or any forums so far. It seems I’m able to use everything when not involving any hub aside from the USB port on the keyboard.