Is it better to install browsers on an encyrpted volume using Veracyrpt

Lightmare

I notice if people managed to get your browser profiles, they will then have access to a lot of your information. Is there anyway I can just install these browsers on an encyrpted volume? Would that be feasible without encyrpting the entire harddrive?

7 minutes ago, Lightmare said:

I notice if people managed to get your browser profiles, they will then have access to a lot of your information. Is there anyway I can just install these browsers on an encyrpted volume?

Installing the browsers themselves on an encrypted volume would be useless, since they'd still be saving all the profile-information and whatnot in the usual location under your user-account, so no. The browser can be installed just fine anywhere you like, it's your user-account's folder that would have to be encrypted, not the installation-location of the browsers. Besides which, this would only protect the information while the PC is off; if the PC is on and you're logged in, then you already have access to the encrypted data and thus anything you run will also have access to it!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Use a portable version of your browser. That is contained in one folder.  You can encrypt the folder with 7zip. You can create a self-extracting password protected folder with 7zip.  And you can take it wherever you want. It would be better to encrypt the folder with Veracrypt so you don't have to zip the folder back up each time.