Help finding a monitor

GhengasKhan

I’ve recently upgraded to a asus 2080 super, now I feel it’s monitor upgrade time. I’m currently using: Asus VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms 

was thinking of getting a 2k or 4K 144hz monitor. Any suggestions? Or should I just keep my current monitor

2k 144hz over 4k 144hz. You don’t have enough gpu to drive 4k 144hz.  That’s 8k. You would have enough to do 4k 60hz though

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

2k 144hz over 4k 144hz. You don’t have enough gpu to drive 4k 144hz.  That’s 8k. You would have enough to do 4k 60hz though

Alright so ll probably stick with 2k 144hz , time to find a decent deal if anyone has suggestions on any!

1 hour ago, GhengasKhan said:

Alright so ll probably stick with 2k 144hz , time to find a decent deal if anyone has suggestions on any!

things that have still not been described: use case for the monitor, budget, and nation of origin.  Availability varies wildly by location.  That’s just to figure out what kind on monitor is wanted

Deals vary a lot, and tend to have very short time frames.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

things that have still not been described: use case for the monitor, budget, and nation of origin.  Availability varies wildly by location.  That’s just to figure out what kind on monitor is wanted

Deals vary a lot, and tend to have very short time frames.

Using it for gaming mainly, trying to keep it below 500 but open to all sorts of different deals if the deals right I’ll buy it, and I’m in the United States