Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Phone under $1000

12 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@MoputBeatz reason? Iphone X is fine and is still more powerful than most phones.

yeah it is a great phone but mine has been used up, it is slow now and the repair shop I sent it to didn't do much.  There is also a weird glitch on the screen that hasn't gotten fixed yet, it randomly moves apps around by itself.  No software update has fixed it not even IOS 14.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you liked it then just get the latest new iphone that is under $1000?

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

 

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MoputBeatz said:

yeah it is a great phone but mine has been used up, it is slow now and the repair shop I sent it to didn't do much.  There is also a weird glitch on the screen that hasn't gotten fixed yet, it randomly moves apps around by itself.  No software update has fixed it not even IOS 14.

Tried factory resetting it?

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / iCute Thing / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz / Dell P2210 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz / Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury / E-Blue Memcanical Keyboard / Razer Kraken X (RMAing)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MoputBeatz said:

yeah it is a great phone but mine has been used up, it is slow now and the repair shop I sent it to didn't do much.  There is also a weird glitch on the screen that hasn't gotten fixed yet, it randomly moves apps around by itself.  No software update has fixed it not even IOS 14.

It sounds like the battery is worn down to the point where it's throttling to prevent shutdowns, and the touchscreen has gone haywire (phantom inputs are a common sign).

 

If it were my money? Get the standard iPhone 12 and don't look back. Unless you really want the Pro's telephoto camera and LiDAR, it's the better value if you want a quality, familiar experience with loads of upgrades over your iPhone X.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to stick to iOS: The newest, bestest iPhone you can afford. 12 series is great.

 

If Android: Take a Look into the Oneplus 8 Pro. One of the best Android phones 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MoputBeatz said:

need help for a new phone to upgrade to.  I am currently using an iPhone X.

Depends what you value. The iPhone 12 is great, if you really want the zoom then the pros alright but from my experience with the 11 Pro the Zoom is by far the least used camera. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A battery and screen replacement from apple is way less than another monthly payment. If it were me I probably wouldn’t get any 12 and wait for the next one. 

AMD R5 3600XT @ 4500MHz 1.337v/Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT/TFX/TY-143

Asus Strix B550-F | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 1800MHz 14-15-15-35 1T 1.45v

EVGA GTX 980 Classified | WD SN750 500GB+1TB | CM SP M2 850|FD Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freeagent said:

A battery and screen replacement from apple is way less than another monthly payment. If it were me I probably wouldn’t get any 12 and wait for the next one. 

Why? The X isn't exactly new 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Vile said:

Why? The X isn't exactly new 

I know. But the 12 series seems to have some QC issues all around. The 11 series is ok, but is getting  on in age too. I think the phone after the 12 is going to be the one to get. In the mean time I’m sure the X is fine, but not a top contender anymore. My XS Max is a couple of years old now and it runs things fine. In the end it is not my money of course. I am a bit cheap too. There was a time when I wasn’t though lol.

AMD R5 3600XT @ 4500MHz 1.337v/Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT/TFX/TY-143

Asus Strix B550-F | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 1800MHz 14-15-15-35 1T 1.45v

EVGA GTX 980 Classified | WD SN750 500GB+1TB | CM SP M2 850|FD Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I know. But the 12 series seems to have some QC issues all around. The 11 series is ok, but is getting  on in age too. I think the phone after the 12 is going to be the one to get. In the mean time I’m sure the X is fine, but not a top contender anymore. My XS Max is a couple of years old now and it runs things fine. In the end it is not my money of course. I am a bit cheap too. There was a time when I wasn’t though lol.

The 11 series is a year old... Only heard good things from the 12, Wife has a mini and it's been great

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

The 11 series is a year old... Only heard good things from the 12, Wife has a mini and it's been great

Excellent, that’s what I like to hear.

AMD R5 3600XT @ 4500MHz 1.337v/Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT/TFX/TY-143

Asus Strix B550-F | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 1800MHz 14-15-15-35 1T 1.45v

EVGA GTX 980 Classified | WD SN750 500GB+1TB | CM SP M2 850|FD Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×