Using a 4k TV/Monitor For Online Poker?

paulyron

Hey all.  So I play poker online.  I have two 24 inch 1920 x 1200 monitors that I use side by side.  I also play on an old laptop... Dell Xps 15 9550 laptop but its fast enough.  It has an i5-6300hq processor and 32gb ram and also 1tb nvme samsung ssd.  I recently upgraded both the ram from 8gb to this and a small ssd to this big nvme ssd.

Now the reason i need at least  1920 x 1200 resolution is because when i open up the tables, there would be no overlap.  And i also don't want to make the tables too small... i keep it regular size so i could get 4 tables on each monitor so total of 8 tables.  But i play more tables than that... so say i got up to 20 tables, well you see 8 on my two monitors, but there are tables behind those tables... if you get what i mean.

I was told in the poker forums that most people use 4k monitors as you could put more tables that way.  Many seem to say they use two monitors of 27-28' with the 4k resolution.  Some even have a 32' monitors and those are more expensive.  Thus many people even have three monitors so they could play lot of tables that way.  

But someone mentioned how they only use a big 43' 4k TV As a monitor and said they could easily get 12 full size tables on their TV.  They said you could probably do more but tables would get smaller.  So basically that one TV is more full size tables than my two current monitors combined.  So i'm intrigued by this.

This is the samsung 4k 43' TV that im most likely buying

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Samsung-Class-TU7000-UN43TU7000FXZX-Crystal/dp/B085B7X2Z9/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=samsung+tv&qid=1606608519&sr=8-4

My big questions are

1.  Do you recommend a big TV as a monitor as oppose to multiple monitors?  I know it would be cheaper that way.  As if i get monitors... i would have to get two 27-28' monitors or even a 32 monitor.  I also don't think it would look good having a 32  monitor next to one of my current 24 monitor right?

2.  At the moment, I connect a usb c to display port  cable from my dell xps laptop to one of my monitors.  The other cable is an hdmi to hdmi cable... from my laptop.  I read that if i use a 4k TV, the big issue here is it has hdmi and it requires my laptop to have HDMI 2.0.  Is that correct?  Can anyone confirm this?  Because i know my xps laptop only has hdmi 1.4

These are the three cables I currently have

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-USB-C-Supporting-Black/dp/B073H9RG9T/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3G0UF39IM335H&dchild=1&keywords=cable+matters+usb+to+hdmi&qid=1606608359&sprefix=cable+matters+usb%2Caps%2C259&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com.mx/CHOETECH-Thunderbolt-compatibles-MacBook-Galaxy/dp/B06Y6448WB/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=choetech+hdmi&qid=1606608390&sr=8-1

and HDMI to HDMI Cable 

3.  So would I need to buy a new hdmi 2.0 cable to connect to this TV?  Someone else told me yes.. someone else said you do not.  So would my choetech usb c to hdmi cable work?  The thing that confuses me here is people say it won't work because my dell xps laptop has hdmi 1.4 and it needs to be  2.0.  But if im using my usb-c port on my xps laptop to connect to the samsung TV... wouldn't that mean its not required?  

Anyone have opinion on this?  For the TV, you would say 50 inch is way too big right on a desk?  Thus 43' should be the absolute biggest?