Is it a good idea to switch from a ISP router to a bought one?

Hello, so I currently have an ISP issued router (Huawei E5186s-22a) and I have never had great internet. From what I understand I live pretty close to my companies cell tower so it all ways been weird. I used to get download speeds of only 1-2MB/s of internet speed, which was enough to watch youtube but seriously hindered my online gaming performance and download. Then I tried placing my router about 1.5m above ground in the middle of my window, and surprisingly late in the night I could sometimes actually get around 3-6MB/s, but it's usually still only around 1-3MB/s during the day. On the other hand, my ping is very random, sometimes it can go as low as 40ms but other times, especially when my parent's laptop connects to the wifi it can rise to about 600-2000+ms.
Now to get to the point, im thinking of buying a new router and there is one on sale in my local electronics store. The router that I want to buy is Tp-Link Archer C80 and I want to understand if I will get better performance out of it? I am pretty sure that my house will get better internet coverage since from what I've checked on the internet in specifications the Tp-Link Archer C80 speeds are twice faster than my current routers (Huawei E5186s-22a). And the TP-Link router also has antennas which my old one doesn't. But could I get better internet through ethernet cable buying the TP-Link router? Also what kinda confuses me is that it seems like the Huawei router is more expensive than the TP-Links, so does this mean something or is Huawei's router overpriced?

In summary:

1. Is Tp-Link Archer C80 a better router than my ISP issued one (Huawei E5186s-22a)? I've also heard that ISP sometimes put restrictions on their issued routers, is this true and could it have been applied to me?
  2. If it is better is it worth buying the TP-Link Archer C80 router? Also, its price has drooped from 75Euros to 60Euros.

The links i looked at for router stats:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c80/#specifications - Archer C80

https://www.4gltemall.com/blog/tag/huawei-e5186-specs/ -- Huawei E5186s-22a