Win 10 Random Crashes every couple of mins

Jas99

Hey, 

So I was on my Windows 10 computer just chilling surfing reddit. Had to step away for an hour and when I come back my PC was shut down. I turn it back on and continue doing what I was doing and it shuts down again. Pretty much every 1 to 3 minutes my PC randomly powers off. Any help? 

Specs:

Ryzen 2600

Rx 570 graphics

B450 gigabyte Mobo

8gb of  memory

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Jas99 said:

Hey, 

So I was on my Windows 10 computer just chilling surfing reddit. Had to step away for an hour and when I come back my PC was shut down. I turn it back on and continue doing what I was doing and it shuts down again. Pretty much every 1 to 3 minutes my PC randomly powers off. Any help? 

Specs:

Ryzen 2600

Rx 570 graphics

B450 gigabyte Mobo

8gb of  memory

Thanks! 

Sounds like bad power, either going into your computer from the wall jack, or the power supply is bad

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like bad power, either going into your computer from the wall jack, or the power supply is bad

Hi,

sorry to here that but not heard anything like this happen to me before. very strange, try doing a cold boot or maybe take at back to the store that you bought it from... 

i'm a window and mac user, and i have not experienced this before and will give more feedback when i do more research.

thanks,

Lyle

Thanks for the suggestions all. I built the PC myself so taking it to a store not an option. Strangely the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode. Gonna try and uninstall some stuff and see if it solves it

2 minutes ago, lyleiscool said:

Hi,

sorry to here that but not heard anything like this happen to me before. very strange, try doing a cold boot or maybe take at back to the store that you bought it from... 

i'm a window and mac user, and i have not experienced this before and will give more feedback when i do more research.

thanks,

Lyle

hello again check if you could do any of these to fix it and if they don't work let me know :) thanks, Lyle

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 20.44.46.png

4 minutes ago, tommy2712 said:

I had this problem before, and I would point my finger toward PSU.

what did you do to fix this problem @tommy2712?

I had this happening, and it was the PSU. My seven year old Antec finally gave up the good fight. Replaced it, system is rock solid again.

The other thing you can try that wasn't in that list up there is clear CMOS. You might have something that isn't completely stable as is. Specifically memory, especially if you have a 3200 16-18-18-38 kit. Those memory sticks tend to be real sketch on their IC binning, and I'd have budget 3200/16 kits be unstable with XMP enabled but are stable after manually setting timings in BIOS.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv