My chair shocks my ass when I stand up and it turns off my monitors and sometimes my pc

Jonatino
Attention all electrical engineers/physicists out there. I need your help.

About 80% of the time I stand up from my chair (it only started happening after I bought my Herman Miller Embody), the back of my thigh gets shocked and causes a random combination of monitors will quickly turn off and turn back on. Sometimes it causes my pc to also turn off and reboot. I'd like to fix this problem before it ends up killing one of my components but I have no idea where to start. My pc case/desk have rubber feet, as you can see in the following video I'm not touching or anywhere near my desk. The only things touching the raw wood floor are the cables at the back.

plz help

2 minutes ago, Jonatino said:

but I have no idea where to start.

Start with a new, non-conductive ass. They are all the rage for gamers these days. 🤪

But all seriousness, perhaps wear a grounding strap, or put a non-conductance floor mat under your chair? 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Start with a new, non-conductive ass. They are all the rage for gamers these days. 🤪

But all seriousness, perhaps wear a grounding strap, or put a non-conductance floor mat under your chair? 

I'm in the market for a non-conductive ass so if you find any please send them my way.

I thought hardwood floor itself is a non conductive material. But I guess it could be the coating on top of it too? Do you recommend any good mats that don't effect the way the chair rolls around much?

I guess you could temporarily attach one end of a wire to a metal part of your chair, and the other end to a ground prong on an outlet. At least until you get a grounded mat.

Or maybe just attach the wire to one of the outlet panel screws, that'd prolly be safer.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

1 hour ago, Jonatino said:

I thought hardwood floor itself is a non conductive material. But I guess it could be the coating on top of it too? Do you recommend any good mats that don't effect the way the chair rolls around much?

Sadly, I don't have any suggestions, if you are in the USA, staples/office max/office depot carries a ton you can try out.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.