New Build That I want to LAST -- Have some parts already

modawls123

Budget (including currency): 1500 for rest of the parts

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Newest games, League of Legends, streaming, video editing, machine learning

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB 3200 mhz (Micron E-die version) -- I plan to overclock this memory

CPU Cooler: Be Quiet dark rock pro 4

CPU: Ryzen 5900x

Case: Define Meshify C

PSU: RMx 850w

SSD: SK Hynix m.2 1 tb

Motherboard: Aorus Elite x570

Need: GPU, new monitor

I am planning on getting a 3080 and a 1440p 144 hz monitor, but I don't really know anything about monitors other than refresh rate, resolution, and the fact that IPS is better for color accuracy. 

Do you guys think that I should change any of my parts for other things, a lot of them I can return quite easily and wouldn't be much of a problem. I am also worried about my memory because I have no experience with overclocking and I've heard that it is very important to hand tune the timings and overclock to 4000 mhz. I am also planning to increase storage size since 1tb won't be able to last me multiple years, which SSD would you guys recommend to add? I am planning to use the SK Hynix as a boot drive and frequently used games storage.

It looks like a good build.

You should look at reviews for good monitors, and for gaming look out for latency anything above 5ms is pretty bad and 1ms would be the best.

You won't be able to overclock that ram to 4000MHz most of the time you can get at most 200MHz extra with a higher voltage, and you should be aware of the timings 16 CAS latency is good but 14 is great but you won't find it on ram that fast.

And for gaming different SSDs don't really matter to games, as long as it's on a SSD it will load at basically the same speed.

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

It looks like a good build.

You should look at reviews for good monitors, and for gaming look out for latency anything above 5ms is pretty bad and 1ms would be the best.

You won't be able to overclock that ram to 4000MHz most of the time you can get at most 200MHz extra with a higher voltage, and you should be aware of the timings 16 CAS latency is good but 14 is great but you won't find it on ram that fast.

And for gaming different SSDs don't really matter to games, as long as it's on a SSD it will load at basically the same speed.

Do you think I should return this ram then and get something else? Something like 3600 C16 or 4000 C16?

1 minute ago, modawls123 said:

Do you think I should return this ram then and get something else? Something like 3600 C16 or 4000 C16?

It's fine ram, just don't expect to get 4000MHz by overclocking. And it will only make at most less than 5% difference in performance.

40 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

It's fine ram, just don't expect to get 4000MHz by overclocking. And it will only make at most less than 5% difference in performance.

Okay, thanks for the advice!