I'm on a budget, what would be the best Laptop for running Minecraft and just general web browsing and school work?

I'm considering the Acer Aspire 5 A515-55-56VK without the dedicated graphics since that costs a bit more, it has a 10th Gen Core i5-1035G1, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. Minecraft minimum specs are i3, 4GB RAM, and Intel HD graphics 4000 or AMD or Nvidia equiv. I don't want to use shaders or mods, so I don't need a 3090 GPU or something. I know the Acer Swift 3 has am incredible price/performance ratio, but I don't think that I need an Octa-core CPU that turbo clocks up to 4.1GHz, and yes whilst the extra storage would be nice, I can get by with 256. So really my question is, can I play Minecraft at reasonable settings (8-10 chunks render distance and most not-so-graphics-card-intensive graphics settings enabled) at 50+ FPS on the Aspire 5? What would be your opinion?

If you want a budget gaming laptop, get amd.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Used Thinkpad. What is your budget, what screen size do you want, and how much IO do you need?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Used Thinkpad. What is your budget, what screen size do you want, and how much IO do you need?

Don't really want to spend more than 600USD since as a student, I have other things to pay off as well. As for screen size, 14"-15.6" is good. In the way of IO, 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0 + Headphone jack, and HDMI would be a bonus, but not needed. (And of course charging port) Also I don't want to be lugging 5kg of laptop around, even though I don't travel much with my laptop. 

5 hours ago, PotatoLaptop123 said:

Don't really want to spend more than 600USD since as a student, I have other things to pay off as well. As for screen size, 14"-15.6" is good. In the way of IO, 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0 + Headphone jack, and HDMI would be a bonus, but not needed. (And of course charging port) Also I don't want to be lugging 5kg of laptop around, even though I don't travel much with my laptop. 

Newest X1 Carbon you can find, probably a gen 4-6.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 11/30/2020 at 12:53 AM, kelvinhall05 said:

Newest X1 Carbon you can find, probably a gen 4-6.

I can't find any with more than 2 cores, and I need at least 4.

1 minute ago, PotatoLaptop123 said:

I can't find any with more than 2 cores, and I need at least 4.

You don't need four cores for the stuff you're doing.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

On 12/1/2020 at 7:48 AM, kelvinhall05 said:

You don't need four cores for the stuff you're doing.

I mean I am doing some 3D modelling and VFX...