Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gaming headset or adapter

Go to solution Solved by weez,

If you're happy with the headset you have and want to use it on the PC I think all you need is the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. 

If you want something new I recommend Hyperx Cloud's. Most are marked down in the US right now. I have the Alpha and like it. Good for both music and gaming

Hi, I was thinking of either buying the steel series artics 7 or just getting an adapter for my Xbox headset. Which one is the best option? Why? 

4 minutes ago, Mdog504 said:

Hi, I was thinking of either buying the steel series artics 7 or just getting an adapter for my Xbox headset. Which one is the best option? Why? 

Why do you need the arctis 7? And why would you want an adapter for your Xbox headset?

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 2pcs of 500gb M2 SSDs, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming/Music🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Cooler Master MM711, had a G502 HERO but was too heavy for my liking.

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

Why do you need the arctis 7? And why would you want an adapter for your Xbox headset?

For a Gaming headset, I don’t know what’s the better option 

54 minutes ago, Mdog504 said:

For a Gaming headset, I don’t know what’s the better option 

For PC or xbox?

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 2pcs of 500gb M2 SSDs, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming/Music🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Cooler Master MM711, had a G502 HERO but was too heavy for my liking.

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

What headset do you have now?

PC Audio Setup = Astro Mixamp Pro TR (gen 4), Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm, Sennheiser pc37x, HyperX Cloud Alpha

My guess is your headset has a 4-pole trrs plug, just get a 4 pole to 2x 3-pole adapter, no sense in buying another headset when your xbox one will work just fine considering you're happy with it.  

This

20 hours ago, weez said:

What headset do you have now?

It’s a ‘turtle beach ear force stealth 600x’

(sorry for taking so long to reply)

19 hours ago, Psittac said:

My guess is your headset has a 4-pole trrs plug, just get a 4 pole to 2x 3-pole adapter, no sense in buying another headset when your xbox one will work just fine considering you're happy with it.  

This

It does not it’s a pure wireless one. (See my other response for the model)

If you're happy with the headset you have and want to use it on the PC I think all you need is the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. 

If you want something new I recommend Hyperx Cloud's. Most are marked down in the US right now. I have the Alpha and like it. Good for both music and gaming

PC Audio Setup = Astro Mixamp Pro TR (gen 4), Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm, Sennheiser pc37x, HyperX Cloud Alpha

On 11/30/2020 at 12:18 AM, weez said:

Thanks!