Currently converting one of my old server into a gaming pc for my kid. Which GPU should go ?

thclpr

Hey all,

Christmas is comming and i'll be converting one of my old server into his gaming PC. Since he is 9 and the only "demanding" game that he play is fortnite, I wonder if one of the following cards would be fine:

• Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1650 D6 WINDFORCE OC 4GB GDDR6 162,54€

• XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB GDDR5 223,53€

Current parts:

• CPU: Intel 4770
  • Ram: 16gb
  • MB: Z97-PRO GAMER
  • Disk: ssd
  • PSU: 650w

Im inclined for the rx580 because of the 8gb because of my gamer brain, but im not sure... So would be great to have any advise on each vendor or model wshould I go for my kid first computer :)

The rx 580 is much faster than the gtx 1650, however the 1650 super is comparable in performance to the rx 580 and shouldn't cost much more. I suggest looking at the price of a 1650 super and 580 where you live and picking the cheaper option of the 2. Either way the 1650, 1650 super and rx 580 are enough for just playing fortnite.

13 minutes ago, thclpr said:

the only "demanding" game that he play is fortnite, I

do not do ANY estimates based on current games he play

dont give excuse to be blamed on

what if he only plays cs go now because he has a potato pc?

anyway, 4gb is enough for 1080p gaming, 4gb is a must, higher res need more vram

1 minute ago, SAVE-12-HK said:

do not do ANY estimates based on current games he play

dont give excuse to be blamed on

what if he only plays cs go now because he has a potato pc?

anyway, 4gb is enough for 1080p gaming, 4gb is a must, higher res need more vram

Even with a 4770 and a 1650/580 You will be able to play basically any current game, while not on the highest settings it should be playable.

Used 580, should easily find one under 120 USD or so.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈