Late to the party but not the last place - Motorola to release new high end flagship

williamcll

The Edge+ is currently Motorola's Flagship phone with a 90hz display with specs similar to most other flagships at the start of 2020. However recently there have been mentions of a new device named "Nio" that will have specs even better than the Edge+.

We’ve seen solid evidence that this upcoming flagship has a peak refresh rate of 105Hz, but there’s no telling if Motorola will actually ship the phone in this configuration. Given that 105Hz doesn’t divide evenly into 24 or 30, it’s possible that Motorola is only testing this refresh rate during development and will cap the refresh rate at 90Hz when the phone launches. We saw something similar when ASUS launched the ROG Phone 3 with its 144Hz display, only to find out the company was testing a 160Hz refresh rate mode before launch. Alternatively, Motorola could simply adjust the refresh rate of the display whenever there’s a video on screen to avoid any micro stutters but otherwise enable the higher 105Hz refresh rate when scrolling through the UI or apps.

As for what else we know about the phone, we know that the display resolution is 2520×1080, with a display size of 6.7-inches. It also appears to pack a 5,000 mAh battery, alongside new camera features including “audio zoom”. Audio Zoom is a feature that exists already on other smartphones from the likes of Samsung, Google, and others, and it basically uses the phone’s microphones to adjust the audio focus when you zoom in or out. Other specifications have been reported by both myself and Nils Ahrensmeier of TechnikNews. The Motorola XT2125 (codenamed “Nio”) reportedly features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 and a base variant with 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM.

Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-testing-105hz-display-refresh-rate/

Thoughts: While regular moto models are decent, if this phone doesn't come naturally with a 865+ I think it will struggle to compete with other similar flagships, unless the price is as good as Xiaomi/Vivo/Huawei's offerings.

But hey, at least it's not the Nokia Pureview 9.3

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Moto should have stuck with Moto "E" for low end, "G" for mid "X" for high and "Z" for ultra (note tier).  Good luck to them. I had motos in the past (wife currently does) I really liked my Atrix HD.