GPU shows BIOS but doesn't Windows

Hiatro

Hello, so I've gotten an MSI HD6850 Cyclone and when i power up the computer I see BIOS normally i can get into it no problem, I even see the windows logo and booting dots but after a black screen during boot i see only black screen.. but it has signal cuz the monitor is not showing no signal, only it's blank, from first when i wanted to install drivers I saw the windows normally, but when I installed from then I dont see. Any solutions please?

17 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

Hello, so I've gotten an MSI HD6850 Cyclone and when i power up the computer I see BIOS normally i can get into it no problem, I even see the windows logo and booting dots but after a black screen during boot i see only black screen.. but it has signal cuz the monitor is not showing no signal, only it's blank, from first when i wanted to install drivers I saw the windows normally, but when I installed from then I dont see. Any solutions please?

You sure the card is good? Can you get into windows from safe mode?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

You sure the card is good? Can you get into windows from safe mode?

Yes I was in safe mode normally

sounds like you might have installed the wrong drivers.

try to get into safe mode and uninstall the driver and redownload them from AMDs website

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Hiatro said:

Yes I was in safe mode normally

You should be able to manually install the drivers in safe mode, if they install properly, but windows will not boot into normal mode properly, then it's possible the video card is bad.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

sounds like you might have installed the wrong drivers.

try to get into safe mode and uninstall the driver and redownload them from AMDs website

How can I get into safe mode now when i dont have the display?

4 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

How can I get into safe mode now when i dont have the display?

while not the ideal way, you don't really have much of a choice. you will need to interupt the normal boot sequence 3 times to force it into Recovery mode and then (hopefully) be able to select safe mode as a boot option.

When the computer is booting, you will need to hold down the power button once you see the windows logo with the circling dots to force it to shut down again,

do this 2 more times and it should say that it's going into the Windows Recovery Environment.

you will then need to select

Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

upon the next restart you will have a black screen with white text that you can select with your keyboard and choose "safe mode" as the boot option.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

while not the ideal way, you don't really have much of a choice. you will need to interupt the normal boot sequence 3 times to force it into Recovery mode and then (hopefully) be able to select safe mode as a boot option.

When the computer is booting, you will need to hold down the power button once you see the windows logo with the circling dots to force it to shut down again,

do this 2 more times and it should say that it's going into the Windows Recovery Environment.

upon the next restart you will have a black screen with white text that you can select with your keyboard and choose "safe mode" as the boot option.

Okay so I've gotten into a safe mode and I forgot to mention that I'm running the card on a shit board currently... It is an Mobo with max of 2GB RAM so even the safe mode is stuttery af

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

and if I go into Device Manager I can see normally the GPU driver showing AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series

24 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

Okay so I've gotten into a safe mode and I forgot to mention that I'm running the card on a shit board currently... It is an Mobo with max of 2GB RAM so even the safe mode is stuttery af

So what i have tried... got into the safe mode and uninstall drivers, restart the system and let windows install the drivers, after some time i got black screen then on, again the black screen and on, my resolution was good and the drivers installed i was like hey its working so i moved some files in the desktop and after 5 seconds of working GPU i got again a blank screen... again it has signal cuz it is like grey not really black

3 hours ago, Arika S said:

what should i do now?

Hello, so I have a Msi Radeon HD 6850 Cyclone 1GB GDDR5 and when i'm in bios the card works perfectly fine, but when i go to fresh install on windows and install drivers for that GPU i get a black screen, it has a signal cuz the monitor doesn't turn off it is on an it is more grey than black, I tried to go to safe mode which again works and it even shows me the correct driver, uninstall it with DDU and going again to windows, again the same, black screen. When i tried to Install Windows 7 32-bit because im currently testing this GPU on a shit board where I can install max of 2GB RAM I installed the driver once again and it didn't crash, i was like what it can't be windows 7, so it offered me to restart so i restarted and it worked once again, I wanted to go to device manager and see the acutal driver but when i cliked the arrow that shows me the driver it got black screened, i restarted and when i tried to open youtube, so until i want to do something more advanced on gpu it works fine, is the card some kinda dead or?

Please write paragraphes this is so hard to read

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

6 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

Hello, so I have a Msi Radeon HD 6850 Cyclone 1GB GDDR5 and when i'm in bios the card works perfectly fine, but when i go to fresh install on windows and install drivers for that GPU i get a black screen, it has a signal cuz the monitor doesn't turn off it is on an it is more grey than black, I tried to go to safe mode which again works and it even shows me the correct driver, uninstall it with DDU and going again to windows, again the same, black screen. When i tried to Install Windows 7 32-bit because im currently testing this GPU on a shit board where I can install max of 2GB RAM I installed the driver once again and it didn't crash, i was like what it can't be windows 7, so it offered me to restart so i restarted and it worked once again, I wanted to go to device manager and see the acutal driver but when i cliked the arrow that shows me the driver it got black screened, i restarted and when i tried to open youtube, so until i want to do something more advanced on gpu it works fine, is the card some kinda dead or?

You already asked this question here:

Your GPU is dead (or the board's PCIe lane is toast)

1 minute ago, Enzo1001 said:

Please write paragraphes this is so hard to read

sorry :D

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

You already asked this question here:

Your GPU is dead (or the board's PCIe lane is toast)

yes I know, nobody answered me anymore. I was just wondering why it works and if it has any solution..

8 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

yes I know, nobody answered me anymore. I was just wondering why it works and if it has any solution..

The card is dead, it'll display basic graphical objects because there is no stress on the card, but the moment you try to do anything with it, it dies.