Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPU shows BIOS but doesn't Windows

Hello, so I've gotten an MSI HD6850 Cyclone and when i power up the computer I see BIOS normally i can get into it no problem, I even see the windows logo and booting dots but after a black screen during boot i see only black screen.. but it has signal cuz the monitor is not showing no signal, only it's blank, from first when i wanted to install drivers I saw the windows normally, but when I installed from then I dont see. Any solutions please?

17 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

Hello, so I've gotten an MSI HD6850 Cyclone and when i power up the computer I see BIOS normally i can get into it no problem, I even see the windows logo and booting dots but after a black screen during boot i see only black screen.. but it has signal cuz the monitor is not showing no signal, only it's blank, from first when i wanted to install drivers I saw the windows normally, but when I installed from then I dont see. Any solutions please?

You sure the card is good? Can you get into windows from safe mode?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

You sure the card is good? Can you get into windows from safe mode?

Yes I was in safe mode normally

sounds like you might have installed the wrong drivers.

try to get into safe mode and uninstall the driver and redownload them from AMDs website

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

Don't dilute <good thing> by always trying to focus on, and drag conversation back to, <bad thing>.

Just now, Hiatro said:

Yes I was in safe mode normally

You should be able to manually install the drivers in safe mode, if they install properly, but windows will not boot into normal mode properly, then it's possible the video card is bad.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

sounds like you might have installed the wrong drivers.

try to get into safe mode and uninstall the driver and redownload them from AMDs website

How can I get into safe mode now when i dont have the display?

4 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

How can I get into safe mode now when i dont have the display?

while not the ideal way, you don't really have much of a choice. you will need to interupt the normal boot sequence 3 times to force it into Recovery mode and then (hopefully) be able to select safe mode as a boot option.

When the computer is booting, you will need to hold down the power button once you see the windows logo with the circling dots to force it to shut down again,

do this 2 more times and it should say that it's going into the Windows Recovery Environment.

you will then need to select

Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

upon the next restart you will have a black screen with white text that you can select with your keyboard and choose "safe mode" as the boot option.

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

Don't dilute <good thing> by always trying to focus on, and drag conversation back to, <bad thing>.

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

while not the ideal way, you don't really have much of a choice. you will need to interupt the normal boot sequence 3 times to force it into Recovery mode and then (hopefully) be able to select safe mode as a boot option.

When the computer is booting, you will need to hold down the power button once you see the windows logo with the circling dots to force it to shut down again,

do this 2 more times and it should say that it's going into the Windows Recovery Environment.

upon the next restart you will have a black screen with white text that you can select with your keyboard and choose "safe mode" as the boot option.

Okay so I've gotten into a safe mode and I forgot to mention that I'm running the card on a shit board currently... It is an Mobo with max of 2GB RAM so even the safe mode is stuttery af

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

and if I go into Device Manager I can see normally the GPU driver showing AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series

24 minutes ago, Hiatro said:

Okay so I've gotten into a safe mode and I forgot to mention that I'm running the card on a shit board currently... It is an Mobo with max of 2GB RAM so even the safe mode is stuttery af

So what i have tried... got into the safe mode and uninstall drivers, restart the system and let windows install the drivers, after some time i got black screen then on, again the black screen and on, my resolution was good and the drivers installed i was like hey its working so i moved some files in the desktop and after 5 seconds of working GPU i got again a blank screen... again it has signal cuz it is like grey not really black

3 hours ago, Arika S said:

what should i do now?