Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many extra fans should I buy?

1 hour ago, Yashiees said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Y6Crxr/fractal-design-meshify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-tg

 

for this case I MIGHT be getting in the future? My room is always really cold (dont know if that will mean anything but yeah it is)

It depends - what will be inside the case? Not every single rig needs a ton of additional cooling.
For the same amount of money you can get Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - is a little bit better all around.
For your convenience here it is on the same site as the one you've shared:
Lian Li (2x 140mm front, 1x 120mm back)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ybH8TW/lian-li-lancool-ii-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-lancool-ii-mesh-performance

For comparison - in the Fractal case you only get 2x 120mm fans.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TwisteddJoker said:

It depends - what will be inside the case? Not every single rig needs a ton of additional cooling.
For the same amount of money you can get Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - is a little bit better all around.
For your convenience here it is on the same site as the one you've shared:
Lian Li (2x 140mm front, 1x 120mm back)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ybH8TW/lian-li-lancool-ii-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-lancool-ii-mesh-performance

For comparison - in the Fractal case you only get 2x 120mm fans.
 

prob gonna have one of the new rtx cards or one of the new amd cards, and defo a 5600X Or (NON-X).

 

If I chose the Lian one should I remove the fans I was going to buy?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yashiees said:

Those ,,extra" fans are... not that great, and cost too much for what they are.
if you want extra cooling, you can get 5 fans for 40 pounds - Arctic P12. They have very good bearing, 10 year warranty, they move a lot of air, they use close to nothing of power. You can easily plug all 5 of them into one single PWM connection on your MOBO. (they can all connect to each other via PST connection).
Here they are on amazon.uk - https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-Value-Pack-Computer-Cooler/dp/B07KK4GDLN/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=arctic+p12&qid=1606643323&sr=8-2

Maybe you will be able to find them for even less, or you can buy two of them for 20£ (when buying 5 you save 10£, and you've got extra fans in case you ever need them).
In Lian Li case you can put extra fans on top, as well as on the bottom (over the PSU) for extra GPU cooling.

Pure Wings 2 - I like their looks, but that's all they've got. IMO all be quiet! product are a little bit too expensive for what they are. Fans, cases, coolers. It's like an iPhone, you pay for the brand :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yashiees said:

One other question that I have.

If you need the Wifi, why not just get the MSI X570 Tomahawk MB?

It's 193.48 British Pounds. Basically you get rid of the wireless adapter, and you will have PCIe Gen 4 for both M.2 drives. 

 

As for the case, I have the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh, and it keeps my Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler) and GTX 1070 at about 50 to 60C while gaming. 

Also, if you want to install USB Type-C on the front I/O you can for $15USD (sorry not sure how much it is in British pounds.)

 

1753172971_NewWorkstation.thumb.jpg.6d40a88dcfb2f99c5d48e7c130f53ed4.jpg

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

 

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TwisteddJoker said:

Those ,,extra" fans are... not that great, and cost too much for what they are.
if you want extra cooling, you can get 5 fans for 40 pounds - Arctic P12. They have very good bearing, 10 year warranty, they move a lot of air, they use close to nothing of power. You can easily plug all 5 of them into one single PWM connection on your MOBO. (they can all connect to each other via PST connection).
Here they are on amazon.uk - https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-Value-Pack-Computer-Cooler/dp/B07KK4GDLN/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=arctic+p12&qid=1606643323&sr=8-2

Maybe you will be able to find them for even less, or you can buy two of them for 20£ (when buying 5 you save 10£, and you've got extra fans in case you ever need them).
In Lian Li case you can put extra fans on top, as well as on the bottom (over the PSU) for extra GPU cooling.

Pure Wings 2 - I like their looks, but that's all they've got. IMO all be quiet! product are a little bit too expensive for what they are. Fans, cases, coolers. It's like an iPhone, you pay for the brand :)

would 2 of these work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-F12-PWM-PWM-Signal-Configuration/dp/B002QVLBM2?th=1

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Yashiees said:

Yup. It's a steal. Fans that cost 15-20 pounds don't have such good specs as these. I have 9 of those total in my house :)
It used to be difficult to buy fans for me - you either had to spend a lot of money, or you had to buy garbage.
But with this - Arctic P12 is both cheap, and very good
performing fan.
I don't know this site, but I see ,,pre-order" for 5£, but it also says ,,due on 04.12.2020".

It's the same price over there as it is here in Poland :D 😅 shame that we don't earn that much (per capita) 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwisteddJoker said:

Yup. It's a steal. Fans that cost 15-20 pounds don't have such good specs as these. I have 9 of those total in my house :)
It used to be difficult to buy fans for me - you either had to spend a lot of money, or you had to buy garbage.
But with this - Arctic P12 is both cheap, and very good
performing fan.
I don't know this site, but I see ,,pre-order" for 5£, but it also says ,,due on 04.12.2020".

It's the same price over there as it is here in Poland :D 😅 shame that we don't earn that much (per capita) 😅

so should I wait for it/ buy it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwisteddJoker said:

Yup. It's a steal. Fans that cost 15-20 pounds don't have such good specs as these. I have 9 of those total in my house :)
It used to be difficult to buy fans for me - you either had to spend a lot of money, or you had to buy garbage.
But with this - Arctic P12 is both cheap, and very good
performing fan.
I don't know this site, but I see ,,pre-order" for 5£, but it also says ,,due on 04.12.2020".

It's the same price over there as it is here in Poland :D 😅 shame that we don't earn that much (per capita) 😅

i found these on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-P12-PWM-Pressure-optimised-Transparent/dp/B07GB6SJHW/ref=pd_di_sccai_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07GB6SJHW&pd_rd_r=af129a06-10e0-4b8d-b6cf-fc50af905ce1&pd_rd_w=cNdLK&pd_rd_wg=ZLynu&pf_rd_p=f45e6bfc-40b0-4749-aceb-1ea1cd205758&pf_rd_r=RPR0C26GCS6Q0HJ0KD5D&psc=1&refRID=RPR0C26GCS6Q0HJ0KD5D

 

theres so many prices on so many p12. Which one is the good one? There's legit so many.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yashiees said:

so should I wait for it/ buy it?

 

 

5 minutes ago, Yashiees said:


It's a good price. What I meant was - I'm not from UK, I don't live there. Long story short - I don't know this store/website. If it's trustworthy - go for it :)
The white one differs from the black one, with... well... Its colour, but also the white one doesn't have PST connector. It is the technology that allows those fans to connect to each other.
There's no more difference. They have the same bearing - both have 10y warranty.
The thing you want to get is "Arctic P12 PWM (PST or not it depends on you)".
For as cheap as possible, and I don't care what colour you choose :)
I would buy those for 5 pounds, black, PWM PST, because you can plug them into each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwisteddJoker said:

 


It's a good price. What I meant was - I'm not from UK, I don't live there. Long story short - I don't know this store/website. If it's trustworthy - go for it :)
The white one differs from the black one, with... well... Its colour, but also the white one doesn't have PST connector. It is the technology that allows those fans to connect to each other.
There's no more difference. They have the same bearing - both have 10y warranty.
The thing you want to get is "Arctic P12 PWM (PST or not it depends on you)".
For as cheap as possible, and I don't care what colour you choose :)
I would buy those for 5 pounds, black, PWM PST, because you can plug them into each other.

ah, how will I make airflow properly? will I need to download a software so fans can intake and outtake?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yashiees said:

ah, how will I make airflow properly? will I need to download a software so fans can intake and outtake?

No, it depends on how you mount them. They ,,blow air" only one way :)
Their speed will be managed by motherboard itself (PWM 4-PIN). I believe B550 A-Pro has at least 5 of PWM headers. But I might be wrong - I've never used this board.
Most people do it so that intake is usually on the front, and exhaust is on the top and back of the case.
In my case I've got 3 front intake fans, one fan exhausting at the top (far back as possible, so that CPU fan isn't fighting for air with it), and one at the back(exhaust).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×