So I just lost a tonne of download and upload speed.

Nexblitzer

In my pursuit to try and find out if I could increase my internet speed, I went on to the 192.168.0.1 ip and turned of Band steering so I could see individual SSID's on my network. when I switched this off It immediately caused a loss of speed, So I turned it back on and applied it then is administered that application. Now for some reason I have lost half of my download sped and also completely fucked, my already terrible upload speed.

How can I get it to return to it's normal speed. Have I touched anything I shouldn't have?

IIRC, band steering allows 5ghz supporting devices to use 5ghz bandwidth without having two seperate SSIDs. In theory if you reboot your computer or the device you are using to download and the router itself it should work fine. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

IIRC, band steering allows 5ghz supporting devices to use 5ghz bandwidth without having two seperate SSIDs. In theory if you reboot your computer or the device you are using to download and the router itself it should work fine. 

I did try that, But i MIGHT do it again just be safe

14 hours ago, Nexblitzer said:

In my pursuit to try and find out if I could increase my internet speed, I went on to the 192.168.0.1 ip and turned of Band steering so I could see individual SSID's on my network. when I switched this off It immediately caused a loss of speed, So I turned it back on and applied it then is administered that application. Now for some reason I have lost half of my download sped and also completely fucked, my already terrible upload speed.

How can I get it to return to it's normal speed. Have I touched anything I shouldn't have?

You do not mention if you actually tried connecting to both of the SSIDs when this was off.

It may also have changed the 5Ghz channel and width.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz) WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz)

Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7