A new world on the inside - New surface laptops with possible AMD configurations spotted.

williamcll

Microsoft surface computers has been somewhat competitive on the market for awhile. With so many new CPUs on the market now they have begun manufacturing of their next generation of surface laptops.

It is no secret that Microsoft is planning to release a Surface Pro 8. An engineering sample landed on eBay earlier this month, after which the buyer confirmed that the device had a Core i7-1165G7 processor and an identical decision to the Surface Pro 7. However, there has been no sighting of a successor to the Surface Laptop 3, until now.

The first sighting of the Surface Laptop 4 does not confirm many details about the device, but it does offer a few tidbits. According to a listing by the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS), Microsoft has assigned the model number 1950 to the Surface Laptop 4, which is currently not listed in the company's System SKU reference document. The Surface Laptop 4 also looks like its predecessor, although we can only currently go off one picture. Similarly, KATS has published one picture of the Surface Pro 8. The agency has also confirmed that the Surface Pro 8 has the model number 1960, with an LTE version assigned the model number 1961. Both machines are expected to launch with Tiger Lake-U series processors, but Windows Central claims that there will be AMD configurations for the Surface Laptop 4. It is unclear what APUs Microsoft has chosen for the Surface Laptop 4 though, but we would expect them to be based on AMD's new Renoir architecture.

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-Surface-Laptop-4-and-Surface-Pro-8-pictures-confirm-last-generation-designs-but-new-AMD-Ryzen-APUs-are-headed-to-Microsoft-s-laptop.506264.0.html

http://www.safetykorea.kr/release/certDetail?certNum=YU10267-20002#wl

http://www.safetykorea.kr/release/certDetail?certNum=YU10267-20003#wl

Thoughts: I probably won't be considering windows laptops considering their rather premium prices. But I would imagine some people who likes the feel of Surface over a competitor like HP would enjoy. Certainly hoping the AMD option is cheaper too.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Yeah from the lineup I'm interested to see the new Surface Laptop for sure. Black model looks great.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well I have no doubt they will come out with a new surface pro... It looks like a surface in the picture... But the surface line up have been a disappointment over the last several years. No the Surface X was meh.

4 hours ago, lostcattears said:

No the Surface X was meh

garbage would be a better description for it

complete waste of perfectly good raw silicon 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>