Trying to Secure an RTX 3000 Series GPU? Here's What Worked For Me!

bellabichon

After a month of waiting, today I managed to secure an MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC from Newegg, and I thought I'd make a quick post about the method that finally worked for me.

1. Follow this twitter account. It's a bot that automatically posts about new stock of in-demand products, mostly from RTX 3000, Big Navi, and Zen 3. I'd also recommend you turn tweet notifications on, so you get notified quickly.

2. Have all your information saved at checkout, including credit card details. Newegg also usually asks for CVV right before completing a transaction, so keep your physical card handy too.

3. Wait for a notification of the card you want, and act fast! In the past few days of monitoring the twitter account, it seems that (at least on Newegg) items are added to online inventory and made available for sale in chunks, as opposed to periodically throughout the day. So, if you see multiple notifications coming through in a short period of time, it might be worth watching the account closely for a while.

Hope this guide helps someone! I just wanted to let people know that getting one of these cards is actually possible, you just have to be on the ball. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

4 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

1. Follow this twitter account. It's a bot that automatically posts about new stock of in-demand products, mostly from RTX 3000, Big Navi, and Zen 3. I'd also recommend you turn tweet notifications on, so you get notified quickly.

why not just get one of the browser extensions there is quite a few

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6