Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Samsung 860 EVO, 860 QVO, 970 EVO

Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
32 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you hve to have a samgsung drive, there are pretty good non samgsung options.

Don't relly worry bout tbw, it won't be a issue on a boot/game drive.

Id probalby get a drive like a sn550 or 660p/p1 here.

It does make a difference if you ever need to copy between drives or extract large archives, the 660p throttles down once the buffer fills up due to slower NAND when writing.  But like you said, if its just OS and downloading games you wont notice a difference.

Hey guys, can anyone help me decide which drive to choose?

I'm planning on buying a 1tb ssd to replace my optane accelerated hdd, but idk which one to buy.

The 860 QVO is slightly cheaper then the EVO, but the EVO is more popular for its great durability. The 970 EVO is supposed to be much faster than the 860 EVO, has the same TBW and isn't much more expensive on ebay. But someone told me there really isn't much performance difference between the  970 EVO and 860 EVO.

So can anyone help me decide?

I'll use the ssd as a boot drive. I'm just an average gamer programmer and renderer.

Sorry for the bad English

Do you hve to have a samgsung drive, there are pretty good non samgsung options.

32 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

It does make a difference if you ever need to copy between drives or extract large archives, the 660p throttles down once the buffer fills up due to slower NAND when writing.  But like you said, if its just OS and downloading games you wont notice a difference.

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense WiFi: Ubiquiti nanoHD (~700Mbit peak throughput)
ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (66Mbit) + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (56Mbit)