Afterburner refuses to overclock my GPU

I recently bought an Asus Dual RX 5600xt EVO and I haven't been able to properly overclocked it. I can boost the clock speed up to 1820MHz but whenever I try to input a slightly higher number like 1840 it just goes back to 1820 after clicking apply. The exact same thing happens with Memory Clock which goes up to 1860 and comes back to that value after applying any bigger value.

In every guide I've seen people just keep increasing the clock speeds while stress testing until they notice instabilities, I haven't found anyone who addresses the issue I'm having. This is my first time overclocking so It's very likely that I am missing something really easy or obvious but I haven't figured out what it is.

I also have tried Gpu Tweak II with the exact same results.

2 hours ago, Jorgeabel123 said:

I recently bought an Asus Dual RX 5600xt EVO and I haven't been able to properly overclocked it. I can boost the clock speed up to 1820MHz but whenever I try to input a slightly higher number like 1840 it just goes back to 1820 after clicking apply. The exact same thing happens with Memory Clock which goes up to 1860 and comes back to that value after applying any bigger value.

In every guide I've seen people just keep increasing the clock speeds while stress testing until they notice instabilities, I haven't found anyone who addresses the issue I'm having. This is my first time overclocking so It's very likely that I am missing something really easy or obvious but I haven't figured out what it is.

I also have tried Gpu Tweak II with the exact same results.

That sounds like a VBIOS limit imposed by AMD.
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-radeon-rx-5600-xt-gaming-z-review,27.html
"GPU clock @ 1820 MHz (1820 MHz is the maximum we can set, a limitation enforced by AMD)

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/01/29/xfx-radeon-rx-5600-xt-overclocking-review/3/

"Both are locked at these maximum values no matter what we do,.. The core clock is at the maximum allowable 1820MHz and the memory clock is at the maximum allowable 1860MHz.  We could not go any higher due to the hardware lock on the frequency"

You are going to want to investigate powerplay tables for enhanced clocks.

Is it worth it.?.. probably not (extra 5-10% of 100FPS isn't really noticible) VS having a better GPU to begin with.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz