Should I give up on finding a 5600x? And get 10700?

danforz

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi all,

I'm building a new rig and need to purchase my CPU. I can wait on the GPU for a 3080ti in the future. 

Anyways, I haven't been able to find a 5600x anywhere. I already have my fans / case sitting in my living room and need to chose my CPU / Mobo etc. Any thoughts on when 5600x will be available if at all? 

If you are waiting for the 3080ti why not just wait for the 5600X aswell?

12 minutes ago, danforz said:

-snip-

A dutch retailer, where I know some people got quite a batch today, I think depending on where you are of course, I shouldn't take too long for 'm to be available.

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

16 minutes ago, danforz said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi all,

I'm building a new rig and need to purchase my CPU. I can wait on the GPU for a 3080ti in the future. 

Anyways, I haven't been able to find a 5600x anywhere. I already have my fans / case sitting in my living room and need to chose my CPU / Mobo etc. Any thoughts on when 5600x will be available if at all? 

Get an email subscription that tells you when they are in stock, you might be able to get one if you are quick!

4 hours ago, JuliusLXIX said:

If you are waiting for the 3080ti why not just wait for the 5600X aswell?

My system is unstable and I want to replace the CPU. I just need that much for work. Gaming can come later.