Motherboard choice for new build

So im carting out parts for a new build and for the mobo i think ive got it down to either the b550-a pro from msi or the b550 gaming x v2 from gigabyte. both seem pretty well in features for the price. both are 139 usd. or unless someone can find a better option

4 minutes ago, PCoverclock said:

Which has features you need and does it have your socket

well i need rgb as im getting rgb parts. usbc tho not needed, would help with my ocd about the case having a usbc front panel port. more fan headers the better. there arent really too much features im really needing or looking for, just that id want to have a slightly less "budgety" mobo than like the cheapest ones rn, being some of the asrock boards. 

as for socket, theyre both b550 so...yeah.

Budget? Location and currency and what are you powering? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 hours ago, MarfP said:

Get the B550 M Steel Legend, solid motherboard, good features and has nice implementation of RGB. Last time I seen was going for about the price you are looking for, definitely worth looking into it.

oh oops. forgot to mention i was going for a full size atx

3 hours ago, Haro said:

Budget? Location and currency and what are you powering? 

about maybe 140usd or less in california. gona go for prob a 5600 or 5600x cpu. gpu going to be in the 3070 or slightly lower. was thinking about when the 6700xt comes out. 

rest is

16gb 2x8 ram

h100i aio

6 rgb ml pro fans

Just now, Sinsanatis said:

about maybe 140usd or less in california.

Then for around the 140ish bucks, the B550 a pro will be more than enough for a 5600x, the Gaming X is quite subpart especially at 140ish USD and the a pro is far better out of these two. 

Do note that the board might need a bios update to support zen 3, though it does have a bios flashback button at the back, so you can update the bios without needing a cpu installed. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

13 hours ago, Haro said:

Then for around the 140ish bucks, the B550 a pro will be more than enough for a 5600x, the Gaming X is quite subpart especially at 140ish USD and the a pro is far better out of these two. 

Do note that the board might need a bios update to support zen 3, though it does have a bios flashback button at the back, so you can update the bios without needing a cpu installed. 

why exactly is the a pro better? and to clarify im talking about the gaming x v2 specifically, not the first version.  and yeah ik of the bios update. i have a 1600 currently to use even if the boards didnt have bios flashback features.

7 hours ago, Sinsanatis said:

and to clarify im talking about the gaming x v2 specifically, not the first version

In terms of vrm, they're practically the same thing. 

7 hours ago, Sinsanatis said:

why exactly is the a pro better?

It's an over all better board, it's got better IO, a better vrm that being 10 4C024N and 10 4C029N doubled compared to 10 4C06N and 10 4C010N. 

8 hours ago, Sinsanatis said:

have a 1600 currently to use even if the boards didnt have bios flashback features.

B550 doesn't support zen 1, you won't be able to use the 1600 with the new board. 

As I said, the a pro has a bios flashback button so you can update the bios to support zen 3 without needing a cpu installed. 

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, Haro said:

B550 doesn't support zen 1, you won't be able to use the 1600 with the new board. 

ah right. forgot about that