Brand new build. Fans spin but won't post to BIOS - boot QLED is on.

crakkin213

Just as the title says. I've put everything together and my boot QLED stays on. Everything spins as expected but I get no video output detected from either GPU or mobo.

I've tried checking my SATA cables and such, and have rescrewed my M.2 in both slots. I've updated my BIOS via USB flashback. Please help!

Here's my build, if it helps: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/MGgwqp

Hi guys, thought I'd update. My first CMOS reset didn't seem to fix the issue, as it was immediately followed by a BIOS update via USB flashback. A second CMOS reset without a BIOS flashback seems to have fixed the issue. What I find strange is that my BIOS stayed updated to the most recent rendition. I'm not sure what about a flashback created an issue, and apparently neither does the tech I talked to. Regardless, the issue is now fixed.

Try unplugging and plugging only 1 stick of RAM in at a time.

Thats the usual issue

Ram training on ryzen is a thing; It sounds funny but if you've already reset your bios, just turn it on, let it sit for 5, 10, 15 minutes. However long it needs, really.

It should restart one or more times and eventually will post and boot to your bootdrive.

You can speed this up by posting and booting with a single stick, but it might re-train upon the insertion of your other dimms so just load it up, and be patient. 

1 hour ago, G3R489 said:

Try unplugging and plugging only 1 stick of RAM in at a time.

Thats the usual issue

I've already tried booting with a single stick. Unfortunately no dice.

58 minutes ago, IHateUsers said:

Ram training on ryzen is a thing; It sounds funny but if you've already reset your bios, just turn it on, let it sit for 5, 10, 15 minutes. However long it needs, really.

It should restart one or more times and eventually will post and boot to your bootdrive.

You can speed this up by posting and booting with a single stick, but it might re-train upon the insertion of your other dimms so just load it up, and be patient. 

Will do. How long is long enough that it's safe to assume RAM training isn't an issue? As for boot drive, what's the case if it's a first launch with 3 drives? I'm not too sure what would happen.

Thought I would update: I've reset the CMOS via battery and have updated my BIOS via USB flashback. Unfortunately this has also turned my VGA light on as well as my Boot light. :/

I'm truly at a loss here.

Does your pc try to restart itself with no video signal?
See my recent post on similar issue 

Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)
Intel® Core™ i7-10700K
G.SKILL Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz CL14 DDR4
DeepCool Gamer Storm Castle 360EX AIO
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070TI A8G GAMING
Fractal Design Ion+ Platinum PSU 760W
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Fractal Design Meshify S2 TG Dark Black
Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 
Ultra-wide QHD (3440 x 1440) G-Sync

12 hours ago, alexello said:

Does your pc try to restart itself with no video signal?
See my recent post on similar issue 

Unfortunately this is not the case. I checked my CPU just to make sure and no dice. My PC is continuously staying on as well. No restarts or similar.

So I'm actually having a similar issue. 

Took apart my psu because I was cleaning and saw it had developed a dust bunny so I cleaned that out.

Upon reconnecting everything computer wouldn't turn on. Fans wouldn't even spin up. That turned out to be a bad front USB connection.

However, now the pc is turning on, fans spin up to full tilt, and I get no video output. Even after switching GPUs. I've tried everything I can think of at this point.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:34 PM, Shoketo said:

So I'm actually having a similar issue. 

Took apart my psu because I was cleaning and saw it had developed a dust bunny so I cleaned that out.

Upon reconnecting everything computer wouldn't turn on. Fans wouldn't even spin up. That turned out to be a bad front USB connection.

However, now the pc is turning on, fans spin up to full tilt, and I get no video output. Even after switching GPUs. I've tried everything I can think of at this point.

Have you happened to have found a fix?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 7:22 PM, crakkin213 said:

I've already tried booting with a single stick. Unfortunately no dice.

Will do. How long is long enough that it's safe to assume RAM training isn't an issue? As for boot drive, what's the case if it's a first launch with 3 drives? I'm not too sure what would happen.

I've been using the 10 minute mark lately for friends; and it's worked out fine.

So long as you get the 'cmos has been reset, please enter setup' on your screen after you pull the CMOS battery then you should be fine and that would indicate ram training has finished.