New build, help with picking water cooling and CPU needed.

rickje139

Budget (including currency): 6000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Game development, triple A games and any type of game. (best of the best is needed to increase loading times to make development progress go faster.)

Other details I have already upgraded my case and case fans half a month ago.

Im planning on getting these items:

RTX 3080 Suprim X

5900x/5950x overclocked to stable max ghz possible,

Which CPU would be better for achieving lower latency and faster loading times in games.

I also have a really small room, which cpu would be better for keeping my room somewhat cold and not overheating my PC like crazy at overclocks.

Corsair watercooling 240MM or 360MM on the front, depends on what is better for the GPU,

the radiator is at the front and cold air can come in at the bottom with a 240MM radiator for the GPU.

What is better for both my gpu and cpu? a 360MM radiator or a 240MM radiator?

msi 570X gaming plus.

3600mhz trident z cs16 ram

Things i currently have:

Phanteks P400A,

Corsair LL120, 1 at the back and 3 at the front, 1 LL140 at the top.

5 minutes ago, rickje139 said:

Which CPU would be better for achieving lower latency and faster loading times in games.

I also have a really small room, which cpu would be better for keeping my room somewhat cold and not overheating my PC like crazy at overclocks.

for gaming there is not that much difference as games don't really utilise more than 12 cores at the moment. Although if you have the spare budget then you could for the 5950X. Although I would recommend spending that money on a better CPU cooler which would give you better overclocks which in turn would get you better performance.

8 minutes ago, rickje139 said:

Corsair watercooling 240MM or 360MM on the front, depends on what is better for the GPU,

the radiator is at the front and cold air can come in at the bottom with a 240MM radiator for the GPU.

I would recommend going for a beefy air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 instead. It might not look as good but it does come with a few advantages:

1. better performance
  2. more reliable as a air cooler does not have moving parts like a pump does
  3. better acoustic performance

11 minutes ago, rickje139 said:

msi 570X gaming plus.

could I recommend a B550 motherboard instead?

I would recommend the B550 Tomahawk

Link: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Moederbord ATX, AM4, DDR4, Dual M.2, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2, Front Type-C, Mystic Light RGB, HDMI, DisplayPort, AMD Ryzen 5000 serie Processor: Amazon.nl

as it has great future compatibility and better VRMs for overclocking at the same price.

15 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

Link: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Moederbord ATX, AM4, DDR4, Dual M.2, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2, Front Type-C, Mystic Light RGB, HDMI, DisplayPort, AMD Ryzen 5000 serie Processor: Amazon.nl

as it has great future compatibility and better VRMs for overclocking at the same price.

But isn't the b550 a cheaper board?

I dont need extreme overclocks, but some simple overclocks to like 4.7/4.8ghz all core.

Whats the difference between the x570 and b550?

1 hour ago, Tom_nerd said:

I know quite a few people who got B450s and B550s from MSI that have been very much shit, so I'm interested to know your take.

F@H [] Autobiography [] 

Main Desktop and Folding Rig :

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-9400f

Gpu : GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
Psu : Seasonic G-650

Ram : G.Skill Aegis 4x8gb DDR4 2666MHz (14-15-15-34)

External Storage : 8tb Western Digital Elements Usb 3.0 Hard Drive

Storage : Samsung 970 Evo 500GB

Motherboard : ASUS B365 Pro-4 m

Gaming Laptop :

Spoiler

Cpu : I7-8750H 2.2ghz 

Gpu : GTX 1070 Max Q 

Psu : laptop b r i c k 

Ram : 16gb 2666Mhz 

Storage : 512Gb SATA SSD 

Motherboard : it's a laptop.....

old boomer (currently non-functional)

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-6400 2.7ghz (doesn't have a heatsink)

Gpu : Asus RX580 8gb (might sell)

Psu : EVGA 500 watt 80 plus

Ram : 16gb DDR3 1400mhz

Storage : 1tb Toshiba HDD (currently in main pc)

Motherboard : Generic ASUS pre-built motherboard

On 11/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, rickje139 said:

Budget (including currency): 6000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Game development, triple A games and any type of game. (best of the best is needed to increase loading times to make development progress go faster.)

Other details I have already upgraded my case and case fans half a month ago.

Im planning on getting these items:

RTX 3080 Suprim X

What is better for both my gpu and cpu? a 360MM radiator or a 240MM radiator?

msi 570X gaming plus.

3600mhz trident z cs16 ram

Things i currently have:

Phanteks P400A,

Corsair LL120, 1 at the back and 3 at the front, 1 LL140 at the top.

**Should i get a 5950x or 5900x?**

I want the best experience in VR, developing, gaming, daily tasks and the highest ghz possible while keeping the lowest temps possible.

Waiting for the product is no issue, i can get both processors within a week as i have pre-ordered both of them before deciding so i can change down the path.

I currently have a 9700k which is causing tons of freezing issues for the things i do.

The 9700k also has bad silicon quality and is quite instable i had noticed.

My PC literally shut off with game boost enabled and even manually overclocking 100mhz+ caused the pc to shut off.

**What liquid cooler should i get with which cpu?**

I had plans on getting a 240MM corsair h100i elite, but i heard amd recommends 280MM for a good experience, but if i get a 360MM radiator at the front, i think my gpu temps will rise by a lot, so im unsure of what should be the most ideal solution.

My plan was to install a 240mm radiator at the front top so that the bottom 120mm fan brings cold air inside for my gpu, but i dont want my CPU to thermal throttle and also keep the highest ghz possible.

Im getting the rtx 3080 Suprim X within 1 day to 2 weeks from now.