Banner Randomly Disappears - Light Theme Only

Lurick
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Is it working now? I've purged caches and tried to get it to rebuild things?

Browser, version and OS: 

Browser - Firefox 83.0

Windows 10 - 20H2

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Load the main webpage (or any forum page really) and the banner might be greyed out in Light Mode.

Sometimes I can close the browser and open it back up and it reappears. It's limited only to Firefox it seems but even restarting in safe mode doesn't fix it.

What happened?

image.thumb.png.ed8e0864251851142332924f5393c2f9.png

What did you expect to happen?

It seems limited to Light Mode only. If I switch to Dark Theme it shows up properly and I can even switch back to light mode and it disappears again when the issue is happening.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Does anything show in the console tab of the dev tools (Ctrl+Shift+K) if you refresh the page when it's not working?

HTTP/2 203

I've had this happen with Google Chrome Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit). I also had a tab open with Facebook. I closed all my tabs and reopened the forum post and it went back to normal. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Of course I mentioned this and as soon as Google Chrome updated to Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit), its doing it again and on new tabs as well. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

15 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does anything show in the console tab of the dev tools (Ctrl+Shift+K) if you refresh the page when it's not working?

Yes, I get a 404 on the GET for https://linustechtips.com/uploads/set_resources_4/d0e70b4cbb9ab8afb1bc1065a3f8487a_header.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

If this helps at all...image.thumb.png.1156eba0a214e4678e01f5f49e684fe1.png

You can reproduce it in Firefox and Chrome if you clear Site Data and use the Light Theme.

Light Theme is trying to pull, which returns 404

https://linustechtips.com/uploads/set_resources_4/d0e70b4cbb9ab8afb1bc1065a3f8487a_header.jpg

Dark Theme is pulling which works

https://linustechtips.com/uploads/set_resources_5/d0e70b4cbb9ab8afb1bc1065a3f8487a_header.jpg

18 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

What's the colo value on https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace? The main thing I'm interested in here is whether the two of you have the same value.

Chrome: colo=IAD

FireFox: colo=ORD

28 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

What's the colo value on https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace? The main thing I'm interested in here is whether the two of you have the same value.

For me, colo = IAD. 

Edited by CommanderAlex
Same result in Microsoft Edge (and same colo = IAD)

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Its back to normal for me, thanks!!!

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

It's working here now.

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Seems fixed now for me too :)

Will monitor over the next hour to make sure.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: