Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrade to existing AMD build

Budget (including currency): $150 for SSD, $750 for GPU, $100 for mouse

 

Country: United States

 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Doom Eternal, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, NieR: Automata, Witcher III

 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

- Ryzen 7 3700X

- Noctua NH-U12S

- Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

- Zotac GTX 1650 Super, purchased when my finances were too strained to purchase anything better

- B550 Gigabyte Aorus Pro

- PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750 W, purchased in anticipation of getting a 3080\6800XT. 

- 500 GB Crucial MX500 Boot drive (250 GB free)

- 2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (1.5 TB free)

- Monitor: LG 27GL850

- Keyboard: CoolerMaster MK730

- Mouse: Generic Logitech. Works great, open to something better.

 

I aim to play at 1440p\144 Hz. Currently have a variety of new-ish games in my library -

 

However, extensive price gouging has made me rethink my GPU purchase plans a little bit.

 

I am considering the following upgrades in descending order of prioirity:

1) GPU: Constrained due to availability. Buy something else and wait for RDNA 3\Ampere, or ride out till availability and pricing of RDNA2 drop to realistic levels? If I had a 5600XT, waiting for RDNA 3 would have been a more realistic option.

 

2) SSD: Considering a 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD for any upcoming games that would need an SSD (like perhaps the upcoming Witcher III refresh). Games are real storage hogs these days and *need* SSD. Take advantage of good deals now, or wait for PCIE Gen 4 prices to drop?

 

3) Gaming Mouse: My existing mouse works great but is really old. Least priority for an upgrade.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RaphaNadal said:

Budget (including currency): $150 for SSD, $750 for GPU, $100 for mouse

 

Country: United States

 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Doom Eternal, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, NieR: Automata, Witcher III

 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

 

- Ryzen 7 3700X

- Noctua NH-U12S

- Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

- Zotac GTX 1650 Super, purchased when my finances were too strained to purchase anything better

- B550 Gigabyte Aorus Pro

- PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750 W, purchased in anticipation of getting a 3080\6800XT. 

- 500 GB Crucial MX500 Boot drive (250 GB free)

- 2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (1.5 TB free)

- Monitor: LG 27GL850

- Keyboard: CoolerMaster MK730

- Mouse: Generic Logitech. Works great, open to something better.

 

I aim to play at 1440p\144 Hz. Currently have a variety of new-ish games in my library -

 

However, extensive price gouging has made me rethink my GPU purchase plans a little bit.

 

I am considering the following upgrades in descending order of prioirity:

1) GPU: Constrained due to availability. Buy something else and wait for RDNA 3\Ampere, or ride out till availability and pricing of RDNA2 drop to realistic levels? If I had a 5600XT, waiting for RDNA 3 would have been a more realistic option.

 

2) SSD: Considering a 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD for any upcoming games that would need an SSD (like perhaps the upcoming Witcher III refresh). Games are real storage hogs these days and *need* SSD. Take advantage of good deals now, or wait for PCIE Gen 4 prices to drop?

 

3) Gaming Mouse: My existing mouse works great but is really old. Least priority for an upgrade.

 

skip on the ouse for now and get a 6900 xt, much smarter optio

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ankh Tech said:

skip on the ouse for now and get a 6900 xt, much smarter optio

6900xt nice.

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

 

Primary PC: *planned* CPU: AMD 5600X / 5800X | GPU: 3070ti (When released) | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280 (Planning for custom watercooling in spring 2021 after I bought the GPU) | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

 

Secondary PC: CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RaphaNadal said:

1) GPU: Constrained due to availability. Buy something else and wait for RDNA 3\Ampere, or ride out till availability and pricing of RDNA2 drop to realistic levels? If I had a 5600XT, waiting for RDNA 3 would have been a more realistic option.

you can place a preorder on a 3070 or a 6800 for mrsp and just wait for it, might be 2 months.

otherwise, see if you can find a second hand 2080 or something for cheap

2 minutes ago, RaphaNadal said:

2) SSD: Considering a 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD for any upcoming games that would need an SSD (like perhaps the upcoming Witcher III refresh). Games are real storage hogs these days and *need* SSD. Take advantage of good deals now, or wait for PCIE Gen 4 prices to drop?

there are already cheap-ish gen 4 ssds, but don#t make a difference in gaming: 

Gigabyte AORUS Gen4

 

i'd go for this, though:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ankh Tech said:

skip on the ouse for now and get a 6900 xt, much smarter optio

I don't think 6900XT makes sense, open to 6800XT or 3080 if the price is right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RaphaNadal said:

I don't think 6900XT makes sense, open to 6800XT or 3080 if the price is right.

well, then  get a 6800 xt gaming x trio, but the performance gain will be nice with the 6900 xt

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×