Help with Cooler/MOBO compatibility and with PCPartPicker warning

Sb1997

Hello everyone! First time builder here and i'm having some trouble choosing an air cooler for my i5 10600k processor. After some browsing I decided to go with the Noctua NH-D15s, and confirmed it fits my case perfectly, but im scared it won't fit my motherboard. I understand it is compatible with LG1200 but im not sure about the ram clearence, or what else should i look in my MOBO to check if it'll fit correctly. My MOBO is a MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI.

I bought everything already except for the cooler and graphics card (waiting on stock)

Also I just saw this alert in the PCPartPicker notes and it got my quite scared, couse I already bought the PSU: "The MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it." If someone could explain this to me (or to tell my if I fucked up) i would be very grateful also.

Thank you and sorry about the bad english :)

has a cutout for ram acceptance, 65mm high

FAQs (noctua.at)

image.png.b89a85e962761ec9267f067198f2c6ac.png

also vengeance RGB isn't very tall, only 51mm

DDR4 memory module dimensions – Corsair

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It will fit but why such an overkill cooler, a U12s will be more than enough. And why Intel?

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

the cooler will fit.

don't worry about the warning, you only need the extra 4pin connector if your cpu draws more than 300W or so, which is impossible for a 10600k.

1 minute ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

It will fit but why such an overkill cooler, a U12s will be more than enough. And why Intel?

Thanks! Honestly, no reason. I've always had intel so didnt even look for AMD alternatives. That was my bad!

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the cooler will fit.

don't worry about the warning, you only need the extra 4pin connector if your cpu draws more than 300W or so, which is impossible for a 10600k.

Thanks so much!