M1, Ryzen or Nvidia for video editing

IAmAndre
1 hour ago, Spindel said:

I still remember a couple of years back when some people trashtalked some new iPhone for not having 4K display :)

I personally don’t even see the point of 4K on my 27” computer monitor so I chose a 1440p that was factory calibrated instead, colour accuracy is worth more to me (I can see the difference in resolution, but the percieved difference is so small I’ll rather save the money and the system resources and go 1440p)

I have a 32" monitor and I run at 1440p. I really think I could have saved money by going for a 1440p in the first place. To me 4K only makes sense in a living room.

7 hours ago, Commodus said:

Oh, for sure, it's just a bad habit of the Windows world. It's largely dictated by Windows' poor UI scaling — it's easier to simply go over-the-top with a 4K display than to adapt to, say, a 1440p display. The earlier Air's 900p (not 720p!) screen was definitely overdue for an upgrade.

The lack of Matebook reviews is likely due to the political reality. Huawei faces a trade ban in the US, so it's hard to bring the laptops into the country. It also casts doubt on Huawei's ability to keep the Matebook updated regardless of where you live (as Huawei can't do business with Microsoft). Basically, you're taking a bit of a gamble by buying one.

I'm not sure exactly how it works but their PC division isn't affected. They are still releasing regular updates and all. Anyway, there's a new man at the White House so hopefully things will change next year. But yeah as of now I think I found the right laptop for me, which ticks all the boxes. It's the first time I'm seeing a 4800H on an ultrabook.