1 minute ago, ReallySnowy said:

Specs:
Motherboard: b450 Tomohawk MAX
RAM: Corsair vengance 2x8
CPU: Ryzen 3600
GPU: MSI 2060 Super 8GB
PSU: EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE
CASE: NZXT H510
I received a new card today. The system was running fine since the 12th of November with my old 1050ti. Today I installed the 2060 super and booted into windows fine with no problems. I updated the drivers and then powered off my pc so I could put the front and back panel on. I unplugged the pc from power after powering it off. After trying to power on, the pc turned on for a second and then turned off again. I saw the lights on the GPU and the motherboard.  The pc then wouldn't turn on. Turns out the fuses in my room were blown. I turned the fuses on and they blew again when I turned on the power supply. I took out the power supply separately and plugged it in, and nothing was blown. I tried this in multiple plugs. So is it my motherboard that's fried? What could have caused it?

It is likely your power supply still. When you plug it in separately, there's no load on it, so it draws no electricity. 80+ white is a really old standard, so I would recommend replacing it with something more modern. Check out the PSU Tier List for suggestions.

Specs:
I received a new card today. The system was running fine since the 12th of November with my old 1050ti. Today I installed the 2060 super and booted into windows fine with no problems. I updated the drivers and then powered off my pc so I could put the front and back panel on. I unplugged the pc from power after powering it off. After trying to power on, the pc turned on for a second and then turned off again. I saw the lights on the GPU and the motherboard.  The pc then wouldn't turn on. Turns out the fuses in my room were blown. I turned the fuses on and they blew again when I turned on the power supply. I took out the power supply separately and plugged it in, and nothing was blown. I tried this in multiple plugs. So is it my motherboard that's fried? What could have caused it?

Edit: Ordered a 600 W beQuiet power 11 and everything worked fine. Thanks for the help

Edited by ReallySnowy
Describing solution

1 minute ago, ReallySnowy said:

Specs:

It is likely your power supply still. When you plug it in separately, there's no load on it, so it draws no electricity. 80+ white is a really old standard, so I would recommend replacing it with something more modern. Check out the PSU Tier List for suggestions.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

2 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

Ahh I see. Thankyou for the reply. I'll ask for a refund from Amazon and then look for a new one. Any idea what could have caused it? I don't see how putting on the front and back panel would have changed anything.

42 minutes ago, ReallySnowy said:

Ahh I see. Thankyou for the reply. I'll ask for a refund from Amazon and then look for a new one. Any idea what could have caused it? I don't see how putting on the front and back panel would have changed anything.

Did you have the motherboard and everything connected when you tested separately?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

2 hours ago, ReallySnowy said:

You might have a short in the case. For example, with the panels now on you might be pinching a cable or bending it so it shorts out. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

On 11/27/2020 at 12:49 PM, Speedbird said:

Thanks, a new psu worked