i need help to make steam let open to games at once.

gilad

hi, i just bought microsoft flight simulator 2020 and im downloading it. but because i bought it in steam its not letting me to log in to another simulator (DCS) without closing the Downloading sim . thanks anyway :)

Are you doing this on the same PC? Steam lets you run several games at once on the same PC, but you can't have two separate Steam clients/computers playing their own games at once.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Are you doing this on the same PC? Steam lets you run several games at once on the same PC, but you can't have two separate Steam clients/computers playing their own games at once.

its the same pc i just want to play dcs while the other sim is downloading

5 minutes ago, gilad said:

its the same pc i just want to play dcs while the other sim is downloading

Oh, you mean downloads within Steam. You wrote your post to make it sound like MSFS2020 has to be opened and running its own launcher or something to download it.

If you're just downloading it in Steam, settings > downloads > allow downloads during gameplay

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Oh, you mean downloads within Steam. You wrote your post to make it sound like MSFS2020 has to be opened and running its own launcher or something to download it.

If you're just downloading it in Steam, settings > downloads > allow downloads during gameplay

sorry for lack of explaination. he has its own launcher in steam its act like installed game. i just need steam to allow 2 games to work

2 hours ago, gilad said:

sorry for lack of explaination. he has its own launcher in steam its act like installed game. i just need steam to allow 2 games to work

Close the box saying downloading Microsoft flight simulator. 

In the bottom of the steam window is a section that says downloading. Your game can download they're whilst you go back to the library and play another game. 

On 11/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, fpo said:

Close the box saying downloading Microsoft flight simulator. 

In the bottom of the steam window is a section that says downloading. Your game can download they're whilst you go back to the library and play another game. 

Tbh I never really tried this - on purpose - but I'm pretty sure the Steam client will tell you to close the other game first if you want to start another... 

thats not to say you can't click directly on the exe and it won't work - something I also never tried, and have no reason to do so, steam is buggy enough already as is, but anyway you need to explain *how* to open two games on steam at once, because it certainly isn't clear *how*. 

PS: if it isn't clear the Microsoft sim thing must be running in order to download the game... so you cannot close it as the download will stop if you do, allegedly... (don't own it lol) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

ok according to "the internet" it should work. 

alt tab first game, start second game... shouldn't be any limitations except your hardware... 

(never tried and as said don't plan to lol) 

tell us how it goes @gilad!!! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer