1660 mini vs 5500xt which one to get?

daithi de nuggla

So I have to decide between a mini/itx version of a graphics card and a Rx 5500xt which are in my land Austria about the same price, I can't get any higher or lower than the 225 mark so I'm curious which one I should get. I use the GPU mainly for gaiming. 

Specs: i5 8600k 2666 2x8 GB ram z370 gaming plus

both pretty much the same but with 5500xt having a larger 8gb option.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8 minutes ago, daithi de nuggla said:

So I have to decide between a mini/itx version of a graphics card and a Rx 5500xt which are in my land Austria about the same price, I can't get any higher or lower than the 225 mark so I'm curious which one I should get. I use the GPU mainly for gaiming. 

Specs: i5 8600k 2666 2x8 GB ram z370 gaming plus

rx5500xt is the best for the price because it has 8gb vram and gtx 16 series its useless in my opinion.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/features/amd-radeon-rx-5500xt-vs-nvidia-gtx-1660

Winner: Nvidia. Despite having the superior on-paper specifications and equivalent software features, in a competition of might, the GTX 1660 outperformed the RX 5500 XT in almost every test we threw at these two cards. Nvidia’s configuration appears much more capable of handling games with maximum graphics settings enabled than AMD’s. Strangely, the RX 5500 XT is a stronger competitor with medium settings, but why would you settle for medium if you don’t need to?