Advice for Home NAS+Plex Server on a Node 804

Hey guys, I'm from India and I'm planning on building a NAS on my Node 804 case and I'm having trouble finding hardware for it.

I've been running plex on two wd 8tb drives on my old pc and never realized that one of them is dying. 

Fortunately, I have this uATX case lying around with a 550w supply and some ECC ram but I'm unsure about the mobo and CPU choice. I've honestly never built a nas before and had experiences where I lost important data.

As the case provides 8x 3.5" cages and 2 other mounting positions for 3.5" drives i want a mobo with at least 8 sata ports and two additional m.2 slots for plex and unraid cache, both of which should not interfere with the sata ports, also, I'll be putting in a 1050ti, a 10Gbe adapter and maybe a hba sas card as well, so 3 PCIe lanes are mandatory.  

I don't have a lot of budget at hand, so please help.

what ram do you have already?

How many tb do you need?

Id probbly go b460, i3 10100 here. Drop the gpu it won't be needed. You don't need the hba either if you 4tb drives or smmilr.

17 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what ram do you have already?

How many tb do you need?

Id probbly go b460, i3 10100 here. Drop the gpu it won't be needed. You don't need the hba either if you 4tb drives or smmilr.

I currently have Kingston 2400MHz ECC memory modules. I'll be using all 8 drive bays with either 4tb or 6tb ironwolfs. HW transcoding and 10Gbe ethernet is a must. I don't wanna invest in Hba's and hence I'm thinking about a C246M board. Tell me, is it advisable to use an i3 9100 or 9100f in this config with a C246M board? Or do u advise some other board? If yes, how do i get more sata ports out of it?

6 hours ago, _wakajbr said:

I currently have Kingston 2400MHz ECC memory modules. I'll be using all 8 drive bays with either 4tb or 6tb ironwolfs. HW transcoding and 10Gbe ethernet is a must. I don't wanna invest in Hba's and hence I'm thinking about a C246M board. Tell me, is it advisable to use an i3 9100 or 9100f in this config with a C246M board? Or do u advise some other board? If yes, how do i get more sata ports out of it?

What type of ecc? 

Why such small hdds? Id go 4 14tb drives instead.

Yea 9100 c246 will work well here, but the ram might not work, depending on the type of ram you have. Not all ecc is the same.

You want a hba if you need more sata ports, but there pretty cheap. DOn't just get the cheap sata cards, they tend to have more issues.

I'm on a strict budget here man... 😂 14tbs are expensive. 14tb ironwolf pro cost 200$ more in India than the conventional US pricing. Anyways, thanks for the input. What ram would u suggest if u had to? based on the mobo and the processor.