New Powersupply for a new build

croml

Morning all,

I'm looking at putting together the following new build and I'm really struggling with which powersupply to pick

5800x

X-570 Strix

Asus 3080 TUF

corsair pci-4 nvme.

I have very limited stock locally so I don't really have a lot of choice PSU wise. 

I have the following options:

• SEASONIC Focus GX-850 £135

• Corsair RM850 £124

• SuperFlower LEADEX III ARGB 850W 80 PLUS GOLD £123

• Kolink CONTINUUM 850W 80 PLUS PLATINUM £125

Out of these which ones would you recommend? I'm thinking the seasonic as I've heard very good things about it

Yes get the seasonic

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

I’ve never heard of leadex or continuum myself.  Doesn’t necessarily mean much. 
the tierlist does mention that the seasonic one is higher tier, but only if made after 2018 or something.  There’s a little red [1] footnote about it. 

Assuming it’s a newer one, the seasonic I’m seeing as tier A while the Corsair is tier C

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve never heard of leadex or continuum myself.  Doesn’t necessarily mean much. 
the tierlist does mention that the seasonic one is higher tier, but only if made after 2018 or something.  There’s a little red [1] footnote about it. 

Assuming it’s a newer one, the seasonic I’m seeing as tier A while the Corsair is tier C

Sorry my bad, I forgot to include the manufactures.

The Leadex III is by superflower

Continium is by kolink

13 minutes ago, croml said:

Sorry my bad, I forgot to include the manufactures.

The Leadex III is by superflower

Continium is by kolink

Superflower ive heard of.  My memory is They’re an actual manufacturer rather than a rebrander.  Seasonic is too though apparently they’ve been known to also rebrand stuff. Superflower makes all kinds of quality levels of stuff for many different rebranders. I don’t know what they put under their own name though. Superflower has a tier A rating for SOME of their leadexIII PSUs but there seem to be caveats which I don’t understand

im seeing Kolink mentioned.  They do have a couple 850w PSUs in tier B, but they have addendums to their names.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The Leadex III would be my pick, out of the units you listed. 

The Focus doesn't offer anything compelling to justify the extra 10 quid (and will, in fact, most likely be louder), and neither does the RM (it uses lesser quality caps, not that it reaaally will make a difference in the real world).

I've never looked into the Kolink Continuum before, but looking at Aris' review of it (here), it looks like its protections are really poorly implemented, to a point that I wouldn't really consider going for it. Granted that's the 1200W variant, not the 850W, but I can't imagine that they're vastly different from one another.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

The Leadex III would be my pick, out of the units you listed. 

The Focus doesn't offer anything compelling to justify the extra 10 quid (and will, in fact, most likely be louder), and neither does the RM (it uses lesser quality caps, not that it reaaally will make a difference in the real world).

I've never looked into the Kolink Continuum before, but looking at Aris' review of it (here), it looks like its protections are really poorly implemented, to a point that I wouldn't really consider going for it. Granted that's the 1200W variant, not the 850W, but I can't imagine that they're vastly different from one another.

I'm leaning leadex myself now

Looking at the tier list

image.png.6f7933163abdb06cc7e13c38cf2e5b6f.png

The iii ARGB (which I'm getting as the non rgb is out of stock) 

Looks like it's gold rank