Help! Half removed graphics card from motherboard without pulling the safety lever now it’s stuck and i’m panicking.

PaschZ

So i failed overclocking my cpu and the monitor wouldn’t turn on, no problem i’d just remove the little battery on the motherboard for a bit and all good. Having that in mind i tried removing the gpu to reach the battery, but then the problems began. After i unplugged the two screws from the card i tried removing it, but as expected the other half of the card wouldn’t come off since my dumbass forgot to pull the safety lever first. So then i started panicking before seeking for solutions online without any luck. Now i’m just sitting on my bed in fear of having damaged my gpu and waiting for a reply...

image.jpg

image.jpg

it shouldnt be damaged... hardware these days is quite hard to damage (except for CPU's)

try to push the safety lever and plug the card in again. if its in you can try to take it out correctly. But dont use tooo much force

2 minutes ago, flo_306 said:

it shouldnt be damaged... hardware these days is quite hard to damage (except for CPU's)

try to push the safety lever and plug the card in again. if its in you can try to take it out correctly. But dont use tooo much force

Safety lever is stuck to place, i tried pushing it down with my nails/screwdriver/pen with no luck. Not even gonna try pushing the card without the lever at least a bit pushed :/

Oh and I don't think you need to physically remove the CMOS battery if your motherboard has a clear CMOS pins. You just need to short them.

4 hours ago, AldiPrayogi said:

Oh and I don't think you need to physically remove the CMOS battery if your motherboard has a clear CMOS pins. You just need to short them.

i used a screwdriver and put a little bit more force to the lever and it popped right up. tysm to everyone who replied!