B450 Aorus Elite rev 1.0 BIOS F60c - PCIe 1x Issues

Lagbert
Go to solution Solved by Lagbert,

I contacted Gigabyte's tech support. According to them I should switch my BIOS back to F52 and only use the F60c BIOS if I'm using a Ryzen 5000 CPU. They didn't provide me any additional details, but the supported CPU list for the B450 Aorus Elite Rev 1.0 now includes Ryzen 5000 CPUs.

MB: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite Rev 1.0

BIOS: F60c

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT

RAM: 2 x 8 G.Skill F4-2400C15D-16GVR

PS: PowerSpec 750W 80 Plus Gold (Model No. PS 750GFM)

WiFi: Asus PCE-AC55BT B1 (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC8260 based device)

This past weekend I upgraded the CPU from a 2600X to a 3600XT. I started experiencing weird bugs and crashes while playing Borderlands 3. I reinstalled the graphics card drivers. I also downloaded and installed the latest chipset drivers from Gigabyte and updated the BIOS from F52 to F60c. After the BIOS update my WiFi card began to misbehave. Device manager said the card was working properly, but the card would not detect any of the local WiFi networks. Window's network trouble shooter claimed the adapter was unable to automatically load the IP stack. Enabling and disabling the adapter and re-seating the card made no difference. I also tried resetting the BIOS to recommended defaults without any luck. On the off chance the card coincidentally died, I moved it from the bottom most PCIe 1x slot to the neighboring PCIe 4x slot. After the move the card worked without issue.

Is the BIOS update the most likely cause of the problems I'm experiencing?

What should be my next step in the trouble shooting process?

Do I revert the BIOS to F52 (previous version) and move the WiFi card back to the PCIe 1x slot?

Do I buy new RAM (the DIMMS I'm using are not on the MB's compatibility list, but have worked without issue since I first built the system several years ago)?

Do I just say it works and move on?

My biggest concern is the PCIe chain may be buggy now and that it will create a threat to the data on my drives. Is this a legitimate concern?

Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Gigabyte's tech support. According to them I should switch my BIOS back to F52 and only use the F60c BIOS if I'm using a Ryzen 5000 CPU. They didn't provide me any additional details, but the supported CPU list for the B450 Aorus Elite Rev 1.0 now includes Ryzen 5000 CPUs.