My brand new gaming pc, because my old one dissapeared from my desk, idk how

FakeFBI

You can easily shave $100 off of that to reuse elsewhere, if you just buy a grey market windows key.

https://www.dlcompare.com/software/100005894/buy-microsoft-windows-10-professional-key

You can often also reuse a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 key if you got one from an old PC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

ok let me adress this, i do not need such a powerful card, but if u insist. another thing, my dad wants to now change to a itx build, thats why itx mobo, i selected it. i literally dont need a fast hdd, my old build that dissapared, when i found it, it had no hdd, fortunetly, i had a 500gb 3gb/s sata hdd, now it lost with the pc, and i put in my best ddr3 ram too

On 11/28/2020 at 6:40 PM, TetraSky said:

You can easily shave $100 off of that to reuse elsewhere, if you just buy a grey market windows key.

https://www.dlcompare.com/software/100005894/buy-microsoft-windows-10-professional-key

You can often also reuse a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 key if you got one from an old PC.

1st of all, ebay cheap windows keys, another thing, i cant fucing reuse key without a disc

On 11/28/2020 at 6:44 PM, Stygian Zenith said:

@ComputerBuilderThen why atx case? If u ate going itx? It'd not an itx build if u use a big case.

well now my dad wants a ITX case, but im going to go micro atx, itx no airflow, just a hot box

oem? what that, i rly want a matx, but my dad probrably wants the smallest pc ever, so he was thinking of buy a thin lenovo like pc that will run hotter than a 3090 with no fans

On 11/28/2020 at 6:49 PM, Stygian Zenith said:

So you are going matx? If so, find a good matx case and also u don't need to buy that oem windows. 

oem? what that, i rly want a matx, but my dad probrably wants the smallest pc ever, so he was thinking of buy a thin lenovo like pc that will run hotter than a 3090 with no fans

@ComputerBuilder Matx kinda sucks imo. The case options are pretty limited compared to Standard Atx and Mini Itx but if you really want to go for it. If you want tiny af go for the velka 3 mini (case, for ur dad). Also, not all mini itx cases run hot, the mcase m1 is a well configured case with lots of cooling options. An oem key is to validate windows 10. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MfH48d/microsoft-os-fqc08930

This is a oem windows key and you don't need it. Windows 10 is free... 

welp then bac to atx, i wish my dad wouldnt want such a small pc, but i hae like 10 windows xp pcs, we actaully got a case my dad used, it is the talllest fucking case ever ill show case image, theres no labels

On 11/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, Stygian Zenith said:

@ComputerBuilder Matx kinda sucks imo. The case options are pretty limited compared to Standard Atx and Mini Itx but if you really want to go for it. If you want tiny af go for the velka 3 mini (case, for ur dad). Also, not all mini itx cases run hot, the mcase m1 is a well configured case with lots of cooling options. An oem key is to validate windows 10. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MfH48d/microsoft-os-fqc08930

also explain to me how to get windows free

On 11/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, Stygian Zenith said:

and the  case i have had a back pannel area, revolutionary for the time

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

I'd suggest avoiding grey market CD keys since that's an easy way for someone to flip a profit on a stolen credit card. Grey market CD keys are as bad as contributing to the scalpers. 

7 minutes ago, Acoreus said:

I'd suggest avoiding grey market CD keys since that's an easy way for someone to flip a profit on a stolen credit card. Grey market CD keys are as bad as contributing to the scalpers. 

welp ive bought a key and disc of ebay, the seller shipped in 2 days, plus it came with the disc and key, a origininal thing from microsoft, so idk, it cost me 25 dollars too

As far as I can tell that board doesn't support E7s-- they're more aimed at extreme datacenter systems than workstations.

What's the reasoning behind the dual CPUs? Do you have the board already or something?

9 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

As far as I can tell that board doesn't support E7s-- they're more aimed at extreme datacenter systems than workstations.

What's the reasoning behind the dual CPUs? Do you have the board already or something?

i found a asus board, yes i realized afer i posted the e7 is the most expensve motherboard, but the cheapest cpu ever, for 15 cores, i also heard that the xeons are locked, is that true for a 2680 v2 ? i also have never used ddr4 ram ever lol, ddr3 is go to no heat spreader, and the best part the motherboard supports non ecc, FUCK YES, ecc is not for me, but i need to know what gpu heres a pcpart picker link to the build that i planned

9 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

becuase i want to completly poop on anything i do, so theroreticly,  if i use 2 more cores will genarate less heat if theres more not used, right? also are the e5-2680 v2 unlocked, i hope so

Not unlocked AFAIK, that dual CPU machine would be an inefficient furnace, and... no SSD?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Not unlocked AFAIK, that dual CPU machine would be an inefficient furnace, and... no SSD?

why whenever i read reviews of it working whole linus forum like, NONONONONOON STOP NNONONOONONONONONOONONONONON

Dual CPU? haha, won't work for a personal computers. you can't overclock xeons, plus dual cpu is a power hog. not worth it.

i know they are cheap, but you probably will gain more performance using a single Ryzen or Intel 10th gen.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Dual CPU? haha, won't work for a personal computers. you can't overclock xeons, plus dual cpu is a power hog. not worth it.

i know they are cheap, but you probably will gain more performance using a single Ryzen or Intel 10th gen.

but the cores, i would like it but u have a point, they cheap as fuk doe, for the value yes, and i got a motherboard already

6 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

but the cores, i would like it but u have a point, they cheap as fuk doe, for the value yes, and i got a motherboard already

I have a dual e5 2680 v2 system. Really not a great desktop rig, get something lie a ryzen or 10th gen intel for a desktop, there much faster in desktop tasks, games, and most workstation tasks. Id flip that board, there worth a good amount.

Also get ddr3r ram. its much cheaper, and why not. Also get 4 dimms per cpu for quad channel.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I have a dual e5 2680 v2 system. Really not a great desktop rig, get something lie a ryzen or 10th gen intel for a desktop, there much faster in desktop tasks, games, and most workstation tasks. Id flip that board, there worth a good amount.

Also get ddr3r ram. its much cheaper, and why not. Also get 4 dimms per cpu for quad channel.

wait ryzen suport ddr3? ive never used ddr4 btw

1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

wait ryzen suport ddr3? ive never used ddr4 btw

Ryzen doesn't support DDR3

Just now, BiotechBen said:

Ryzen doesn't support DDR3

why he say get ddr3 dimmms then, i really like the motherboard i got because of the non ecc support, somehow, and i seen people do it

1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

why he say get ddr3 dimmms then, i really like the motherboard i got because of the non ecc support, somehow, and i seen people do it

that would be if you get a dual 2011 system, don't get desktop ram for those, no reason to.

7 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

yeah it got 20 cores, but for what? 20 slow cores vs 8-12 fast cores.

if you run database applications that benefit every single cores you give it, yes.

but desktop applications, especially games need high single cores performance.

plus you will have optimizations that don't exist in that xeon such as avx.

apart from that, you'll miss m.2, usb 3.1 etc.

This would make a good web servers, but for home usage, nah.

If you still wanna do it, i suggest running only 1 cpu.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

yeah it got 20 cores, but for what? 20 slow cores vs 8-12 fast cores.

if you run database applications that benefit every single cores you give it, yes.

but desktop applications, especially games need high single cores performance.

plus you will have optimizations that don't exist in that xeon such as avx.

apart from that, you'll miss m.2, usb 3.1 etc.

This would make a good web servers, but for home usage, nah.

If you still wanna do it, i suggest running only 1 cpu.

i think also my dad suggested run it as a like server for like the home data or some sht, or a computer 2 people can use