Corsair RMx or EVGA G3 850

Looking to get a new PSU and I've narrowed it down to these two. Wandering which would be better

How much are you planning on paying for these? Because there are definitely other excellent tier 1 psus in the price range or cheaper than those 2. 

36 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

The RMx is technically a little better, but both are excellent.

What makes it better? I'll probably go for it if that's the case (and I've seen it for a little cheaper)

21 minutes ago, BuckyBallin said:

How much are you planning on paying for these? Because there are definitely other excellent tier 1 psus in the price range or cheaper than those 2. 

I can go as high as $250. I basically want an efficient PSU that would last me a long time. I tend to go for a little more premium products, and Corsair and EVGA are the only two companies I've used in this case

The nzxt c850, which is a rebranded seasonic gx, is $130 with free shipping, might be worth a look. All of these psus are rebranded, it’s not like evga is actually making their own psus. Corsair rebrands a lot too, the rmx series is made by channel well. What’s actually inside is what’s important and price doesn’t always reflect quality. Both of your given options are good you can probably just get similar quality for less money with another brand.

Some of the EVGA supernova models go supernova with the 3080... everyone has issues with those, their overcurrent protections kick in and reboot the system. see the reviews here, and this, and you will find more if you look. "After instillation, I powered on the computer and there was a pop, and some smoke, no boot. Smell/smoke was coming from 2 of my hard drives. , when removed the computer now boots, but still doesn't recognize a 3rd hard drive. None of those 3 work on other computers either, with same errors. Seems to run normally now." ~ Newegg reviewer, 750 model. They don't call it supernova for nothing.

I would use the tier A PSU list on Linus Tech Tips, and there is a list of 3080 compatible PSU's on evga forums

I'm thinking the RMx myself now after reading the horror stories.

RMx 850 is on sale at best buy, at least in canada, you should check that deal out, see if its happening there, im paying equivalent 122 usd

The RMx if you want a quiet PSU with good custom cable availability. G3 if you want one of the loudest PSUs on the market, which may have issues with its protections, and fewer available custom cable options.

If you want an actually useful recommendation for your specific build, though, what is your build, and where are you buying from?

5 hours ago, BuckyBallin said:

The nzxt c850, which is a rebranded seasonic gx, is $130 with free shipping, might be worth a look. All of these psus are rebranded, it’s not like evga is actually making their own psus. Corsair rebrands a lot too, the rmx series is made by channel well. What’s actually inside is what’s important and price doesn’t always reflect quality. Both of your given options are good you can probably just get similar quality for less money with another brand.

Why would you get the C850 over the RMx or G3? The C850 is rebranded because Seasonic is really limited when it comes to customising their PSUs for customers, but neither the G3 nor the RMx are straight up rebrands. Not being the OEM does not mean that it's just rebranded.

I mean, the NZXT C or Seasonic GX are options, if you want a PSU that has soldering quality issues, a crappy fan, issues with their protections, and few custom cable options. I mean, if those are things that you desire, by all means, go for them.

23 minutes ago, tzudd said:

G+

The G+ is an entry level PSU, you should not be getting that one for a mid-high range build.

:)