If there are any tech gods out there, please help!!!

For the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I'm on Discord, my friends would hear everything I'm listening to (they say it sounds as if they're listening to it themselves - its super clear to them). The weird part is that I've tried muting my mic on my headset, and even pulling the entire mic out. Unfortunately they still somehow hear my audio clear as day (even without a mic inserted!).  I've been trying all sorts of different methods to fix this issue such as ensuring my Stereo Mix is disabled, tried replugging in the headsets and mic, and uninstalled + reinstalled the audio driver three times. My mobo is a Rog Strix B450-F and I'm starting to think that something is internally wrong with my mobo? Possibly the stereo mix is just permanently enabled and theres no way for me to stop it? Or maybe theres a glitch in my computer where the audio is always going through the stereo mix? I'm honestly out of ideas here and hope there is some tech god here who can fix my computer cause it's extremely annoying having others listen to what I'm hearing. I've also tried multiple different headsets to ensure that its not just happening with my headset itself.

In addition to the information above, it seems like when I switch my audio to my external speakers instead of my headset, my friends can no longer hear the sounds. If I also switch my microphone from my headset to my webcam mic, it doesn't pic up the sounds anymore. 

This forum is my last hope before I reset my entire PC, which I don't want to do because I'd have to re-install everything and it would just be annoying.

Thank you to anyone whos willing to give fixing this a try!

I don't know if your soundcard has this, but i disable front panel headphone detections. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but worth the try.

image.png.11ee790b512912724cf18f40767a456a.png

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work :(

I'm inclined to think this is a software problem, not a hardware problem. Check your Windows and your Discord audio settings to make sure they're using the correct inputs/outputs.

Do you or have you used in the past any digital audio splitters, streaming software, anything at all that manipulated your audio inputs/outputs?

If it's not a problem with your USB webcam, a quick and dirty fix would be just getting a cheap USB headset and seeing if that works. You said you tried multiple headsets, were any of them USB?

You said people on the discord call could still hear your audio even with the mic completely unplugged - when that happens what do Discord and Windows show in the sound settings pages? Are any inputs detected?

On 11/27/2020 at 12:56 AM, parrotperil said:

I'm inclined to think this is a software problem, not a hardware problem. Check your Windows and your Discord audio settings to make sure they're using the correct inputs/outputs.

Do you or have you used in the past any digital audio splitters, streaming software, anything at all that manipulated your audio inputs/outputs?

If it's not a problem with your USB webcam, a quick and dirty fix would be just getting a cheap USB headset and seeing if that works. You said you tried multiple headsets, were any of them USB?

You said people on the discord call could still hear your audio even with the mic completely unplugged - when that happens what do Discord and Windows show in the sound settings pages? Are any inputs detected?

Hey, thanks for the reply! I've checked all the things that you've listed, and here are the results:

- I've triple checked Windows and Discord, its usually the correct input/output.

- I've never used any digital audio manipulation tools/software. The only splitter I use is the one that comes with the headset, which allows me to go from 1 jack, to mic + audio split jacks

-I haven't tried one with a USB plugin for my headset, only audio splitter (I don't own any USB plugins besides the webcam)

-Discord and Windows shows my headset mic picking up the audio from my computer on whatever I listen to. Input is detected on both Discord + Windows.

If these results help you think of a solution, please let me know!