Can I hop on an Arma 3 server by myself with no microphone and have a good time?

MS-DOS

Ive seen this game for sale several times, I like war games but im assuming this game is to be played in groups or at least talk with a mic, am I wrong?

Can I just join a server by myself and play?

How long does a match last?

I would like some huge war with a lot of people. Are servers crowded enough?

There's a somewhat short singleplayer campaign that is pretty good.

You can theoretically play with no team work but you'll lose a lot and it won't be fun. I'd recommend COD if you want something similar but less team based.

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

There's a somewhat short singleplayer campaign that is pretty good.

You can theoretically play with no team work but you'll lose a lot and it won't be fun. I'd recommend COD if you want something similar but less team based.

I want multiplayer. COD is more like a deathmatch with realistic guns, I wanted some huge battles in big maps with tons of players.

4 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

I want multiplayer. COD is more like a deathmatch with realistic guns, I wanted some huge battles in big maps with tons of players.

Maybe Battlefield/front. They have some pretty big game modes.

ARMA isn't really a huge battle game either. It's more like a bunch of squads acting in parallel.

Try playing on King of the Hill servers. Usually full, pure PVP, no real need for a mic.

Arma 3 itself is very diversive in game modes, from survival mods, to Altis Life RPG, to servers that require mics and placing you in squads.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

yes! there are servers with pve, its very fun and no real need for microphone. I dont remember the mode name, but try hopping into a server. Obviously there are ranks where you will be requiered to have a mic, like pilot and squad leaders i think, but if you go for engineers, medics, etc you wont have a problem and no one will yell at you