Did they cancel the Fractal Design Ion+ 760P?

wolfff

They aren't available anywhere... even in germany! (i live in the netherlands)

are they just out of stock or did fractal cancel them

You must mean discontinue

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

22 minutes ago, wolfff said:

They aren't available anywhere... even in germany! (i live in the netherlands)

are they just out of stock or did fractal cancel them

Contact Fractal.

EDIT:  Oh.. I actually know the answer to this.  The Seasonic Prime platform uses some components that have a very long lead time.  Seasonic is using these components (whatever they can get their hands on) for their own products and not for any of their partners.

The Corsair AX is suffering the same shortage for the same reason.

Just get a Corsair HX instead.  😉  It's a better PSU.

9 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Contact Fractal.

EDIT:  Oh.. I actually know the answer to this.  The Seasonic Prime platform uses some components that have a very long lead time.  Seasonic is using these components (whatever they can get their hands on) for their own products and not for any of their partners.

Just get a Corsair HX instead.  😉  It's a better PSU.

corsair hx'ses are hella expensive tho, but ur saying there are shortages?

12 hours ago, wolfff said:

but ur saying there are shortages?

That's what I said.

There's three long lead time parts (three different value MLCCs) and if you want to continue to build with them, you have to build a hell of a lot more units than Fractal, Corsair, Asus, etc. are willing to commit to.

RMx, RMi, HX and HXi don't use these parts.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:34 PM, jonnyGURU said:

RMx, RMi, HX and HXi don't use these parts.

why? i dont get it why shouldn't i use those 

44 minutes ago, wolfff said:

why? i dont get it why shouldn't i use those 

No.  I'm not telling you not to use those parts, silly.

I'm saying that RMx, RMi, HX and HXi do not use the same long lead time MLCC parts that Seasonic uses.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:52 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Hang on, isn't the Ion+ made by High Power?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fractal-design-ion-platinum-760w-power-supply-review

The Ion SFX is Seasonic, though.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fractal-design-ion-sfx-gold-500w-power-supply-review

:)

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

You're right!

I was probably thinking of the SFX.  It's NZXT that's been using Seasonic as of late.

I get confused with all of these second tier case manufacturers suddenly selling PSUs and who makes what.

So.. I don't know what High Power's issue is.  I don't talk/work with them at all.

16 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.  I'm not telling you not to use those parts, silly.

I'm saying that RMx, RMi, HX and HXi do not use the same long lead time MLCC parts that Seasonic uses.

ohh, is seasonic worse or better? i kinda dont get it anymore hahahahaha i'm dumb i thought we was talking about the fractal ion

16 hours ago, seon123 said:

14 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

You're right!

I was probably thinking of the SFX.  It's NZXT that's been using Seasonic as of late.

I get confused with all of these second tier case manufacturers suddenly selling PSUs and who makes what.

So.. I don't know what High Power's issue is.  I don't talk/work with them at all.

is high power a bad thing?

5 hours ago, wolfff said:

is high power a bad thing?

Not typically.  I just don't know how they're operating as a company lately.  You know.. with component shortages, COVID, etc.

21 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Not typically.  I just don't know how they're operating as a company lately.  You know.. with component shortages, COVID, etc.

what is high power, does high power have to do anythign with their company and covid n shit?

1 hour ago, wolfff said:

what is high power, does high power have to do anythign with their company and covid n shit?

On 11/29/2020 at 8:42 PM, seon123 said:

made by High Power

It's an OEM... It manufactures PSUs. Just like CWT, GW, Flextronics etc etc etc.

On 12/1/2020 at 5:07 PM, seon123 said:

It's an OEM... It manufactures PSUs. Just like CWT, GW, Flextronics etc etc etc.

ooooh high power manufactures parts for in the psu? oooh i get it now thanks

Just to clear some things to OP since they seem to be mind blown by Jon's logistics talk lol.

- Most PSUs aren't made by the brand you see on the label except for when an OEM itself sells PSUs under their own brand, such as Seasonic and Super Flower, among others.

- We don't know what's up with FD ION+ shortage, maybe High Power (an OEM for this PSU) is facing some COVID related supply issues, we just don't know. You can probably just as your retailer of choice or FD themselves when it'll be in stock if you really want this specific PSU.

- Jon erroreously thought that this PSU is made by Seasonic and shared some info which he has first hand since he's working for Corsair, which uses Seasonic as an OEM for one of their lineups. Jon's insight isn't related to these PSUs quality. It's just that Seasonic uses specific type of electrical components, (i assume for the ease of use with pick-and-place machines) which complicates logistics on their side.

- It's not a bad thing that FD ION+ isn't made by Seasonic but High Power, they're just different.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

10 hours ago, wolfff said:

ooooh high power manufactures parts for in the psu? oooh i get it now thanks

It doesn't manufacture parts for the PSU, it manufactures the PSU. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

2 hours ago, Juular said:

Just to clear some things to OP since they seem to be mind blown by Jon's logistics talk lol.

- Most PSUs aren't made by the brand you see on the label except for when an OEM itself sells PSUs under their own brand, such as Seasonic and Super Flower, among others.

- We don't know what's up with FD ION+ shortage, maybe High Power (an OEM for this PSU) is facing some COVID related supply issues, we just don't know. You can probably just as your retailer of choice or FD themselves when it'll be in stock if you really want this specific PSU.

- Jon erroreously thought that this PSU is made by Seasonic and shared some info which he has first hand since he's working for Corsair, which uses Seasonic as an OEM for one of their lineups. Jon's insight isn't related to these PSUs quality. It's just that Seasonic uses specific type of electrical components, (i assume for the ease of use with pick-and-place machines) which complicates logistics on their side.

- It's not a bad thing that FD ION+ isn't made by Seasonic but High Power, they're just different.

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

It doesn't manufacture parts for the PSU, it manufactures the PSU. 

damn ya'll hella smart, i just learned more in 1 minute than i learned in a whole week of school. thanks for all the info