Where to connect the Fans?

leandrobueno
Go to solution Solved by KageSong,

Okay, so here's some color coded lines. The one with a question mark, I'm really not sure. The rest I'm fairly confident about, but you should probably wait for someone who knows the last one. Sorry. I would guess that your cpu_opt plug has an option in the BIOS to set it as aio_pump, as I don't see one labeled as such in the manual for your motherboard. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Good thing I'm not paid to do this (B 

Untitled.png

I've got a Water Cooler DeepCool Castle 360RGB V2, 120mm coming in to upgrade my 3600X stock cooler.

My MOBO is a Tuf Gaming B550 Plus and I'm in doubt to where connect the RGB for the fans. The cooler comes with two hubs: one is for power (I think) and the other for the RGB:

image.png.4e0cb854b68a500162ab0a79bd8288b4.png

image.png.8178f77d48e507479250c973c5d3f01e.png

(image from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmSZpIX4nw&t=1836s)

So, in my MOBO I have 3 RGB Headers, I think its in one of them:

image.thumb.png.c8bd48b76523c880624ead57663aad81.png

So, basically I need to plug the fans in to the Hub and the Hub in the MOBO, but where specifically?

Can you show the plugs on the hubs themselves? My guess is that they may both be internal USB plugs, which would go to what's labeled as front usb. But I'm not certain without seeing the plugs.

Okay, so here's some color coded lines. The one with a question mark, I'm really not sure. The rest I'm fairly confident about, but you should probably wait for someone who knows the last one. Sorry. I would guess that your cpu_opt plug has an option in the BIOS to set it as aio_pump, as I don't see one labeled as such in the manual for your motherboard. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Good thing I'm not paid to do this (B 

Untitled.png

3 hours ago, KageSong said:

Untitled.png

Sorry for the delay mate, I was... well, without computer. I followed your instructions and was able to get it right in the first try.. The "?" is a cable for Gigabyte MOBOs only, and the other end was for ASUS and others so, I just left there. Everything is working fine for now. Appreciate the effort.

Just a simple question:

When plugging the cpu_fan and the cpu_opt cables I put the one from the bomb in the cpu_fan and the other from the hub in the cpu_opt. Is this a problem? Should I change?

1 hour ago, leandrobueno said:

Just a simple question:

When plugging the cpu_fan and the cpu_opt cables I put the one from the bomb in the cpu_fan and the other from the hub in the cpu_opt. Is this a problem? Should I change?

The only thing to pay attention to is making sure that whatever the pump is plugged into is designated in the BIOS. I've never run any sort of pump based cooling myself, so I can't advise on exactly what or where that setting would be. It's been explained to me that the difference is that if it's set on a "fan" curve, your pump can slow down too much and then the liquid won't move properly. But, that's a thing you should wait for a bigger ( or more experienced ) brain than mine to sort out. I'm glad I could help at all though.