Is there a way i can copy and paste just windows from my hdd to ssd instead of copy and pasting about 650gb of files?

Deanmurtagh

If you want to just the windows, it's better to plug in the disk and create a fresh install.

If you want to migrate everything, look into disk clone tools, it should be faster and more reliable than a copy-paste.

2 minutes ago, maremp said:

If you want to just the windows, it's better to plug in the disk and create a fresh install.

If you want to migrate everything, look into disk clone tools, it should be faster and more reliable than a copy-paste.

See i was going to do a fresh install but i cant since i left my usb flash drive 2 hours away from my house and now were in lockdown so i cant get it so can i not just move the windows folders in my hdd to the ssd then set the boot priority?

Just now, Deanmurtagh said:

See i was going to do a fresh install but i cant since i left my usb flash drive 2 hours away from my house and now were in lockdown so i cant get it so can i not just move the windows folders in my hdd to the ssd then set the boot priority?

Sadly, that's very complex to do without disk cloning software, it can be done but you need to be very comfortable with the command line

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sadly, that's very complex to do without disk cloning software, it can be done but you need to be very comfortable with the command line

So what can i do then to get my pc to boot off windows on my ssd i deleted a lot of games so i can fit what i have in my hdd into my ssd now but it says itll take about 6 hours when i copy and paste it

9 minutes ago, Deanmurtagh said:

You can download a new copy on microsoft's site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

It's legal, as long as you have bought the license key and use it according to the limitations, which probably means only one active device (reinstall is allowed).

10 minutes ago, Deanmurtagh said:

So what can i do then to get my pc to boot off windows on my ssd i deleted a lot of games so i can fit what i have in my hdd into my ssd now but it says itll take about 6 hours when i copy and paste it

Disk cloning is your best way, doing it manually is a sure-fire headache (I've done it once, before I knew about disk cloning software, it's a right royal PITA)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.