Pure Base 500DX and Pure Loop 360mm Fan config?

Go to solution Solved by narrdarr,

having the aio pump at the lowest point is always best. if you cannot or don't want to its not that big of a deal especially since that aio can be topped off reducing the amount of air in the even farther.

personal assessment:

If tubes need to be at the top. the pump is near where the air will collect. with that in mind i would top off the aio before installing if i can hear coolant splashing around.

How to do this?

i would hold or hang the aio with the fill port at the highest point. run the pump and shake the aio(help move the air to the top). if you can hang it a run the jump for a night its easier. if you have to hold it it may take an 1 hr or 2 of shaking with the pump running to move all the air to the top where the fill port is. once the air at the fill port then open and fill.

Less air equals less noise, better performance, and longer longevity.

Is doing this necessary no. no it is not. i just nerd out on doing those things.

as for your fan placement.

i wouldn't bother with placing the 140mm fans in the front. just the rad with the 120mm fans behind(pull config) makes for easier cleaning. push config is fine too( i think it looks better). performance is the same. so its up to you. Then i'd place the 140mm fans in the top and rear as exhaust

I am seeking for advice i have bought a Pure Base 500DX and a Pure Loop 360mm.

The Case came with 3x Pure Wings 2 140mm 900 rpm.

The AIO came with 3x Pure Wings 2 120mm 2000 rpm PWM high-speed.

The AIO has to go in the front of the case it cant go on the top.

I could theoretically put the 140mm in front of the AIO.

What would be a good placement for the fans ?

And should it actually put the AIO like Steve from GN says or could i be alright doing it upside down because of the special pump placement.

If i do it the right way i think the tubes might get in the way of the GPU and i lose my two 3,5 inch bays (not that i need them at the moment, want to go all SSD)

as long as your rad is the highest point in the loop (including the tubing) you should be fine. As for fans it doesnt really matter as long as you get the air moving. I personally am not to big of a fan of intaking air through a radiator, but it is not that bad. I recommend you use places that are filtered for your intake to minimize dust inside the system

having the aio pump at the lowest point is always best. if you cannot or don't want to its not that big of a deal especially since that aio can be topped off reducing the amount of air in the even farther.

personal assessment:

If tubes need to be at the top. the pump is near where the air will collect. with that in mind i would top off the aio before installing if i can hear coolant splashing around.

How to do this?

i would hold or hang the aio with the fill port at the highest point. run the pump and shake the aio(help move the air to the top). if you can hang it a run the jump for a night its easier. if you have to hold it it may take an 1 hr or 2 of shaking with the pump running to move all the air to the top where the fill port is. once the air at the fill port then open and fill.

Less air equals less noise, better performance, and longer longevity.

Is doing this necessary no. no it is not. i just nerd out on doing those things.

as for your fan placement.

i wouldn't bother with placing the 140mm fans in the front. just the rad with the 120mm fans behind(pull config) makes for easier cleaning. push config is fine too( i think it looks better). performance is the same. so its up to you. Then i'd place the 140mm fans in the top and rear as exhaust

would i get negative air pressure if i do it your way

putting the 140mm top and back and placing the 120 in a pushconfig (filter is still infront of that)

btw. the case has filters top, front and bottom

2 minutes ago, Grinar said:

would i get negative air pressure if i do it your way

putting the 140mm top and back and placing the 120 in a pushconfig (filter is still infront of that)

btw. the case has filters top, front and bottom

i wouldn't worry negative pressure. just run the 140's at a slower speed.